Improving the look of your post

Home Forums General Help and information Improving the look of your post

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    web2
    Participant

I have managed to get the text ‘bold’ as you can see (I hope!!). I did this by clicking on the b in the first box at the top of the box where we type our post. You then have to remember to click the b again at the end of your post or it won’t work.

I also tried to make the text larger but I have failed with this so far. I will keep on trying.

alan
    Participant

I’m just messing with things…

[;)]

alan
    Participant
    wristpin
    Participant

Other thing that I have notices is that the edit button comes and goes. originally thought that it only disappeared after the first edit – no second chance. However when I posted yesterday it wasn’t there at all!
    Would be nice to be able to set Bold as a default but if you hit the button twice and then type between the middle arrows everything typed is bold or “strong” as they call it.
    Also seems that the only one of the buttons that identifies itself when the mouse is hovered over it is the last “close tags” , no idea what uf, ol and li are at all!
    If there was a preview post option it would be easier to experiment without the risk of sending a load of garbage.

charlie
    Keymaster

Buttons as far as I have worked out are
    b = bold
    i = italics
    link is for adding a weblink but there is/was an error in the coding. To be resolved.

tesing the b-quote to see what it does

del could be delete no it appears to be strikethrough.
    img is to upload an image eg from photobucket.
    ul, ol, li??

Have not tried them yet
    alan
    Participant

The ‘b’ is for bold and will make text BOLD.

———

i is for italics
    ———

link is for putting in an outside web link (brings up a pop-up window)

To put in a link either copy and paste from the source OR

type the text you want into the reply box, highlight with the mouse, then click ‘list’ and type in the link address and title.
    ———

b-quote defines that an item has been quoted from another source.
    ———

del is a deleted text tag (strike through as Charlie says)

———

img gives a link to an outside image source such as a photo hosted on another server such as Photobucket, Flikr etc. (brings up a pop-up window)

———

ul is unordered list without numbering the items

Coffee
      Tea
      Milk

———

ol is ordered list and numbers the items in the list 1,2,3, etc.

An ordered list:

1. Coffee
    2. Tea
    3. Milk

———

li is list like bullet points (used with ul)

• Coffee
    • Tea
    • Milk

———

code inputs code but not used here
    ———

closed tags will close all open tags such as bold, italics etc.
    ———

wristpin
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation – I am a bit confused by the Link option when it says “enter the destination URL” would expect it so say “source” if one is importing content from elsewhere and destination if exporting it?
    It does seem that one can set up a hyper-link by just copying and pasting a web address with no reference to those buttons , for example-
    http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/

charlie
    Keymaster

Using the link button enables you to post a link like the one Alan has in his second post on here eg

test link
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.