identification please

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion identification please

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

hi, has anyone come across one of these before? there are no markings on it

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Steve Woollas is your man for these machines Kev

charlie
    Keymaster

John Dyer (jtg) might know.

stevewoollas
    Participant

Hello Kev,
    The push hoe you have pictured is a Duplex. It is good to see you have one with both the hoes and discs still in place. I will provide some further information when I am back at home–Steve

vhgmcbuddy

it was another find in one of the sheds at work. would have been used in the walled kitchen garden many moons ago

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks Steve I knew you are the man for these items

stevewoollas
    Participant

Thanks Paul.
    Kevin, I said I would provide a little more info when I arrived home so here goes. These are an incredibly well made and robust unit, with strong cast wheels without being too heavy for practical use. Our hoe has a brass plate riveted to the left handle which reads:
    PATENTED DUPLEX DISC HOE. PAT NO 567891. SUPPLIED BY CENTRAL GARAGE, REDDISH, STOCKPORT. No A/1927. MADE UNDER LICENCE BY HAYES ENG Co Ltd, SPEKE, LIVERPOOL.
    All the duplex hoes I have seen have either the brass plate with this information on or the evidence that such a plate had existed.
    I have never seen any literature on this product, does anyone have anything?
    Ours is mid/dark blue with red wheels and I have also seen mid/dark green with red wheels.

charlie
    Keymaster

Patent 567891 is dated May 24th 1943.
    Patent 567891

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.