Husqvarna – Found one!

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Husqvarna – Found one!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  halfa 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

alan
    Participant

A while ago (March 2019) I wrote an article about looking for a Husqvarna pedestrian mower, specifically this was a 1970’s, 2-stroke machine with a 12-speed transmission and the whole machine was quite intriguing. The article can be seen here: https://www.vhgmc.co.uk/2019/03/husqvarna-nearly-found-one/

Although there are loads of adverts, reviews and mentions in the UK for the mower in the 1970’s I never did find one…anywhere! The only image was from a brochure. I’ve looked on forums, auction sites across Europe and nothing, I couldn’t find one in the tinwork (or plastic bodywork as it happens). Then, today whilst looking up the original prototype of the Husqvarna rider mower from the early 1980’s I see the Husqvarna museum in Huskvarna, Sweden, also has the 2-stroke mower from the 1970’s I was looking for.

I think the moral of the story is not to give up looking, the machine you are searching for may be out there somewhere!

Attachments:

trusty220
    Keymaster

Never give up, Alan. Don’t forget that I was looking for a Trusty Road Roller for twenty five years before I found one- it had been less than five miles from my home all the time!

On that basis, have you asked your neighbours?

halfa
    Participant

I know a Norton trusty is not as rare as what you guys are talking about but after looking for a long time I found it by having a random conversation with another parent at a party I had taken my 6 yr old daughter to.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.