Husqvarna – Found one!

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Husqvarna – Found one!

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    alan
    Participant

A while ago (March 2019) I wrote an article about looking for a Husqvarna pedestrian mower, specifically this was a 1970’s, 2-stroke machine with a 12-speed transmission and the whole machine was quite intriguing. The article can be seen here: https://vhgmc.co.uk/2019/03/husqvarna-nearly-found-one/

Although there are loads of adverts, reviews and mentions in the UK for the mower in the 1970’s I never did find one…anywhere! The only image was from a brochure. I’ve looked on forums, auction sites across Europe and nothing, I couldn’t find one in the tinwork (or plastic bodywork as it happens). Then, today whilst looking up the original prototype of the Husqvarna rider mower from the early 1980’s I see the Husqvarna museum in Huskvarna, Sweden, also has the 2-stroke mower from the 1970’s I was looking for.

I think the moral of the story is not to give up looking, the machine you are searching for may be out there somewhere!

Attachments:
    trusty220
    Keymaster

Never give up, Alan. Don’t forget that I was looking for a Trusty Road Roller for twenty five years before I found one- it had been less than five miles from my home all the time!

On that basis, have you asked your neighbours?

halfa
    Participant

I know a Norton trusty is not as rare as what you guys are talking about but after looking for a long time I found it by having a random conversation with another parent at a party I had taken my 6 yr old daughter to.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi,

I have the blue Husqvarna Lawn mower from 1970 you are searching for, I think I just found one when I was looking in a house I just bought. It was in the back of many other things. You can buy it if you still are looking for one.

Attachments:
    alan
    Participant

Christina,

Excellent! Thank you for posting that you found one of the elusive Husqvarna mowers that I researched and wrote about. They really do seem to be quite rare.

Yours is the blue version which, as far as I am aware, doesn’t have the self-propelled mechanism and so it has to be pushed. This may be rarer than the red version which is in the Husqvarna museum.

It may be an idea to email Husqvarna and ask if they have one in their archive, there is a chance they may be interested.

Many thanks for taking the time to contact the VHGMC and post that you had a blue version of the mower. My search is over, the blue and red machines exist! Thank you!

Alan

This is the Husqvarna museum website:

http://husqvarnamuseum.se/en/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.