How to change your password.

Home Forums General Help and information How to change your password.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    charlie
    Keymaster

If you have not already found out how here is a quick guide.
    Click on your user name on right of screen.
    Then click on settings.
    Enter current password then create new password and click on save changes.

vhgmcbuddy

hi Ive tried everything to change my password,it will not allow me to. The password given in the Email will only work if I copy and paste it.when I try to change it Im told the current password is invalid.What do I do????
    Ranger.

charlie
    Keymaster

Ranger, have you tried using your new password?

vhgmcbuddy

Charlie, I am signed in using the password you sent, but I have lost the email with this on it. I signed into my profile to change my password to my old one in case I ever get signed out.
    It asks me to enter my current password to allow me to change it. I clicked that I forgot my password and it automatically signed me in using my new password but the password shown is hidden so I still don’t know it.

Sorry if this sounds confusing.
    Phil

charlie
    Keymaster

Phil, sorry but totally confusing. I don’t think I have sent anyone an e mail with their password. How have you logged in to make the post if you don’t know your password? I do not have access to passwords.

vhgmcbuddy

I thought you sent an email with a number password to get me into the new site.

I must be my age and the fact that my missus is in OZ and I am multi-tasking.

charlie
    Keymaster

The e mails with user id and password were automatically generated by the system not me.

hillsider
    Participant

Not sure if it helps or not but our email system has a facility to recover emails that have been deleted, it is to be found right at the bottom of the deleted messages page and recover all messages recently deleted.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.