Honda Rotavator Transport Wheels & Attachments?

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Garden implements Honda Rotavator Transport Wheels & Attachments?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    kmacaoidh
    Participant

I’m looking for transport wheels for my Honda,a few cultivation tools as well, for rowcrop growing season ahead. I’ve added a few pictures to give a better idea. I’ve searched about but can’t find them for sale, so any website, dealership, ideas or advice gladly welcome.

Attachments:
    hortiman
    Participant

Hello there.
    I have a set of wide drum rotors, a set of narrow drum rotors for a Honda 610, I think they would fit on your hex bar.

kmacaoidh
    Participant

Thanks for reaching replying to my call for help and information Hortiman. I’m not sure if I have made it as clear as I could, what I’m really looking for? The rotor drums you mention are for rotavating I take it? I have a set of them. It’s more a set of wheels that would fit on that sane hex bar, as you call it, to drive the machine from place to place that I’m looking for? I’m also toying with the idea, that with the pneumatic wheels I could also pull some small tools on the toolbar? This might not work, but the wheels would definitely be a help going across ground from shed to garden/field. The truth is I don’t use it much for actual rotavating, so I’m trying to give it a new lease of life… and if not maybe move it on, as I have a small Goldoni walking tractor to do the rotavating. But all your thoughts a suggestions welcome. Thanks

hortiman
    Participant

If you can’t find genuine Honda wheels, maybe Merrytiller ones could be modified to fit, they could be more plentiful.

kmacaoidh
    Participant

That’s a good suggestion, hadn’t thought to widen my search to other similar name brands! Sometimes it’s just using the right words in a search. Even your use of the simple descriptive ‘hex bar’ for the rotar/wheels axle makes things easier!!
    It’s like those linchpin’s you get on rotavators, with the rounded pins that clip in, noticed a few broken, one rótar not turning, and again it’s the correct technical term needed to help find them.
    I’ll look into the Merry Tiller avenue of research, who knows what it might throw up. Even a few tools for the hitch. Thanks again

kmacaoidh
    Participant

It took a while, but, finally got a set of wheels and hexagonal bar axles for my Honda rotavator. Got them from Spain! And all things considered they were as reasonably prices, including shipping, as common or garden wheelbarrow ones down the local hardware store!
    I hadn’t been using this rotavator that much recently, a two wheel tractor version getting most of the work, but these wheels have given the Honda a new lease of life! Had it out today, with a small roller to roll in some oats I’d sown. A lot better than pulling/pushing, even a small roller like this!
    So, being nice and light compared to other tractors the little Honda may be seeing a lot more service in the months and years ahead!?

kmacaoidh
    Participant

Smaller tractors, smaller files!

Attachments:
    kmacaoidh
    Participant

And yes, the drawbar on the roller needs to be modified! But the weather was good and the job in hand needed to be done today. Even the smallest of maintenance jobs like that can scupper a full days work at times? Fixing it on the fly is the farming way. Not the right way. And if there were dangers attached, not the way at all.

kmacaoidh
    Participant

Goes without saying that i am alway on the lookout for small tools and equipment that suit these small machines. Small is Beautiful. And when you have heavy soils and high rainfall, you want to be as fleet footed as possible. So any ideas, suggestions or places to search are welcomed.
    With the new wheels, i can see this little Honda getting a new lease of like and a lot more light work to do around the farm and garden.

andyfrost
    Participant

I’m in the same position as you , I’m looking for a pair of wheels for a vintage Honda rotavator that I’m now restoring. The problem I’ve encountered so far is the size appears to be limited to 300-9 , which I can’t find with tractor grip………unless any of you good gents know otherwise.

Andy.

kmacaoidh
    Participant

I had difficulty finding wheels for my Honda, as ive said Andy, but it was the hexagonal extension axle that posed the biggest obstacle. Then i found the axles, the wheels followed on the same website shop, on a certain auction site!

My wheels are 4.00 x 8, and these were the only size that this shop carried, but they happened to be exactly what i needed.

They did have lots of other bits and pieces that were Honda compatible it seemed at a glance? I got a central hexagonal shaft fitting as well.

Its a Spanish site, but if you search for CONJUNTO BUJES L 24 CM, HEXAGONO 23 X 26 MM, ATAQUE RUEDAS CHINO 75.4 DISTANCIA and follow on to there other items for sale, who knows, might find what your looking for?

If you need any extra follow up information feel free to message me

Attachments:
    andyfrost
    Participant

I’m lucky enough to have the hexagon extensions that I bought years ago , and a pair of the wheel centres that fit over them , so it may well be a matter of finding a suitable pair of wheels to bolt my centres in.
    I have a feeling Kubota hexagon is the same size , which gives another option.

Andy.

kmacaoidh
    Participant

That’s interesting about the Kubota hex-bar, and thats for the axles of their two wheel tractor/rotavators? A bit like the search for small farm tractor wheels, I have been searching around for Kubota dealers that carry the small stuff? Its always their mid range tractor, diggers, etc that i find. Never seem to come up with their two-wheel tractor range? Any ideas?

The same seems to be true of Iseki, so any ideas or leads welcome?

And isn’t it great that we have a forum here at VHGMC to air these questions, and find others with similar interests and pursuits. Long may it continue.

We are at heart, I guess, collectors, but finding these small, niche, pieces of, at times, overlooked, equipment makes our working lives so much easier. They often make otherwise laborious chores a pleasure, and rewarding on many extra levels.

andyfrost
    Participant

Coles of Shaftesbury used to deal in Kubota , so they may be worth a try. Iseki tend to use round shafting for their machines.

Andy.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.