Honda F190 for restoration… or lots of spares

Home Forums General Help and information Honda F190 for restoration… or lots of spares

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello from Wiltshire. I hope this post is in the right place, and is allowed. I came across your forum this afternoon thanks to the internet.

I’m a gardener and recently purchased 2 of these machines, being assured 1 was in working condition…. it is not, though it does look as if a lot of recent work has been done on it, and it sort of splutters into life for a few seconds before cutting out.

As I said I am a gardener by trade, not a mechanic.

Does anyone have any interest in restoring one of these machines – I’m guessing one machine would be a donor for the other. I was told by the guy I purchased them from that an elderly friend was restoring them, but became ill and he was selling them for him

roatavator
    Participant

I had a F80 years ago, basically the same machine. They do have a reputation for eating spark plugs. You might try swapping the plugs from the spare machine and seeing if that improves starting. I also found you had to be very careful with the amount of choke and throttle on starting. Try having throttle at low idle speed, crank a couple of times with full choke and assuming it doesn’t start try choke at progressively lesser settings. That usually worked for me.
    Plugs can also get fouled up with oil because of the upside down engine. Make sure they’re very clean before attempting start.
    Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.