Hello

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello I’m new to the site I have a large allotment and really want a machine to plough it over etc to much by hand I’ve found a barford atom on eBay the seller is looking for 550 is it worth it he’s saying it’s come straight from the allotment so it’s not in perfect condition I want to know your opinions on it. As you can see in pic has a few bits with it

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Looking at it, personally I would say no. The only genuine Barford attachment is the red plough all the others look home made.Although it says straight from allotment, it does not say if it is in working order.
    Does your allotment need a plough? Would a good rotavator do the job? If so a Merry Tiller might be a better option as if you plough it you will need to do further work to break the ground down.

vhgmcbuddy

Hey Charlie I’ve got a rotavator I’ve got a apache rtt3 does well on the ground. I just didn’t know if I need a plough to start the ground to a blank canvas as such

andyfrost
    Participant

I would agree with Charlie , only my personal opinion , but I think it is ridiculously overpriced , as has been said carefully no mention of any issues , or whether it actually runs.
    Having said that , it is ultimately the current market and what some folk are prepared to pay that controls prices. Due to recent events with more people going into growing their own prices of all types of garden machinery have hit very high “false” prices , and I suppose we must understand some are seeking to take advantage.
    Unless you have heavy clay type soil that really needs ploughing and standing over winter , I would just settle for a good quality rotavator.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

Yeah I leave my land over winter some soils are easy to rotavate but I’ve recently took on another plot which has made my plot over 200ft long the new land hasn’t been touched in years so ideally that needs plowing to give it a fresh start. I was gonna view the barford as it’s only about 30 mile from me but didn’t get around to it. He said his dad was using it on allotment last year.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.