Ginge Prisma 12"

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Garden implements Ginge Prisma 12"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I ‘inherited’ one of the above when I bought a house nearly 20 years ago. I had forgotten about it until I was doing a Coronavirus Clean out of my shed. It’s a beautifully-made piece of kit. When I Googled ‘Ginge Prisma’ the only sensible result was this website.

Is this a rare machine? Worthy of taking to shows? Clean up, or leave as is?

Thanks for any input.

Attachments:
    alan
    Participant

When I researched the Ginge article for the VHGMC I struggled to find a great deal about Ginge. However, it did appear that the push cylinder mowers were very popular at the time but my guess is that many will have ended up in the back of sheds, got corroded and then ended up at the tip. Newer versions are available today which shows how good the mechanics were.

I’d suggest keeping the mower, particularly since it appears to be a good colour scheme and it has the reasonably rare Ginge-Raadvad logo on it too (if my memory is correct Ginge is now owned by Alko).

It’s probably one of those items that if it was at a show people would comment that they used to have one! Why not clean it up a little, sit in on a piece of astro-turf and add some vintage adverts to it? It’s be quite unusual to see.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like it isn’t rare, but predates the Internet. It will probably spend another 20 years in the back of my shed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.