Finding tyres for Ransomes Multimower 3.50-7

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Finding tyres for Ransomes Multimower 3.50-7

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Folks on this forum have already kindly identified a gearbox as belonging to a Ransomes Multimower. I’m using this for a home-built garden tractor, which I should get done with few problems. However, one issue I face is wheels and tyres. The original split rim wheels had tyres that were totally perished, leaving the markings 3.50-7 only just visible. The rims are salvageable but I may go down another route as I would prefer better ground clearance, and tyres in this size appear unobtainable (in the UK). Lawn tyres would be okay, but I’d prefer a more aggressive tread.

1. Am I correct in thinking 3.50-7 are very hard to find?
    2. Would the rims accept something else?
    3. Perhaps I should fabricate something to accept more widely available wheels – any suggestions for something widely available and cheap?

Thanks in advance

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

A 7″ wheel does sound an odd size.

wristpin
    Participant

Try Martyn Channer, he breaks and refurbs a lot of Ransomes equipment, mainly gangs, but you never know.

vhgmcbuddy

Agreed. Not impossible to find, but definitely makes it more difficult and expensive.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for the suggestion.

I’m tending towards adapting some wheelbarrow wheels for now. If it turns out well I could always change to something “better” at a later date.

jtg1
    Participant

i believe all terrain tyres do do them

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.