events calendar

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Just got the “Cultivator” very good indeed, can I make a request for consideration? what about publishing on a regular basis a full calendar of events that may be of interest to members? I am sure that all members will know not just the “Big National events” like The great Dorset Steam fair, but local events in their area, just the name, place, and of course , the date! I know the regular exhibitor,s will know their way around, but it will be useful to a lot of members who have never shown at a show. Plonker

charlie
    Keymaster

I did print a similar request in the Feb 2018 issue of The Cultivator. Well worth repeating I think.

roatavator
    Participant

On my travels I occasionally see a poster for a small local event, often a plough day or similar. These are often not advertised. If I see any in time to achieve publication I’ll send them on. However often they are only for a week or two in advance (or worse still last week!) I’d like to get the plough out a little bit more often, especially from autumn to spring. Others may feel the same so short notice ones I’ll put on here. If other members could reciprocate (especially for events in East Anglia!) it would be much appreciated.

vhgmcbuddy

Here’s two to start with –

1. Biddenden Tractorfest & Country Fair, 17th & 18th August 2019

2. Little Ellingham Vintage Working Show Public Group | Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1403578053258314/

Little Ellingham Vintage Working Show Next year’s show will full on 10-11 August 2019.

charlie
    Keymaster

Please send all event dates to the editor, details on page 2 of The Cultivator.
    It helps to include any special feature of event and also a post code if known and who to contact for entries. Date and name of event is not much use on their own.
    Only include events with a horticultural content, thank you.

will-haggle
    Participant

dick-dastardly, copied these for Feb. issue

vhgmcbuddy

Will-Haggle thank you. Using the VHGMC site, a yearly calendar which allows written entries alongside any date, would be an easy way of collating some of the minor shows, and ones which would appeal to the membership. Is it possible to explore the possibility of such?

charlie
    Keymaster

An events calendar is on the list of things to do, we are currently reviewing website layout, content etc.

vhgmcbuddy

Thank you Charlie, it would appear to be an easy answer/solution to collate the various dates, etc… However not being exactly IT literate, I have no idea how to set such a thing up, and must bow to the experience of others.

alan
    Participant

Indeed, gathering the data is relatively straightforward. Often the hardest part is handling that gathered data, processing it and making it accessible with the least amount of additional coding and the maximum amount of automation – imagine trying to get an engine to run as efficiently as possible, with the maximum power output possible but using the least amount of moving parts!

roatavator
    Participant

For those with ploughs:-

December 30th. Charity plough day, North Elmham, Norfolk. Further details from Facebook Norfolk Ploughing Society.

February 24th 2019. Ploughing match Roydon Norfolk. Further details Facebook Match Ploughing

roatavator
    Participant

December 30th. Broom Green Road North Elmham NR20 5JZ. Permitted to turn up on the day.

roatavator
    Participant

I’m ready for tomorrow! Anyone else going?

Attachments:
    roatavator
    Participant

Excellent day and the SIMAR ran perfectly, 4 hours ploughing completed. Here’s a view of the event, great turnout, classic and vintage tractors and a decent number of horticultural machines.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.