Dynamow

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello,

I first stumbled upon a video of a Dynamow a couple of years back, and recently had the opportunity to get my hands on rather a nice one to restore.

I was wondering if anyone has any history on these odd machines, I cant really find anything online, just that they appear to have been manufactured in the early 90’s? Cant find any sort of production numbers or anything else of relevance / interest.

Anyone on here know much about the machines?

I did find a website with usual maintenance information
    https://www.liftruck.co.uk/dynamow_hydrostatic_lawn_mower.htm

alan
    Participant

I remember the magazine adverts for the Dynamow when they were first introduced in 1989 (I think) – I also had an original brochure at one point but not sure what happened to it.

May need further research but I do recall reading that the Dynamo was developed by Denis Selby of G.D.Mountfield after he sold the company in 1985. They may have been made in Europe as Mountfield had investment in many manufacturing facilities including in Italy such as Granja.

Production numbers may have been low, and I’m not sure if they were available anywhere else across Europe or just in the UK.

dorigny
    Participant

Our next door neighbour purchased one new and it enabled him to keep mowing his own lawn whilst ever he was able to.
    He first had an Atco 14″ two stroke then went through a series of Webb 18″s with an extreme brief interlude with a Suffolk Punch 17″. Finally ending cylinder mowing with an Atco Commodore 20″. Bearing in mind that by the time he got Dynamow he was partially sighted, in fact registered blind, he used the dodgem like steering to turn immediately around at the end of each bread to keep on track. He used to miss a tiny strip but then mowed again at 90 degrees to first mow to sort this. He was a real old character who would not be beaten in keping his lawns in good order 🙂 He made a timber and ply set up to fit Dynamow so he could mow and eject clippings rather than box.

C.

wristpin
    Participant

We sold a few but they were not a success. Their weakness was that unless the conditions were just right the drive through the front roller used to slip and dig furrows in the lawn. I think that I still have a parts book somewhere.
    They were manufactured in Italy by the same company that produced Harry rotary mowers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.