Dori 600 mower/jlo two stroke

Home Forums General Help and information Dori 600 mower/jlo two stroke

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi, I wonder if anybody can help me? I have a Dori 600 rough cut mower. It has a jlo 162 two stroke engine driving the blade by belt and a power take off from the main shaft to provide self propulsion. I am unsure of the age but engine plate shows west germany as place of manufacture so clearly prior to the fall of the wall.my problem, among many other is the worm drive on the main shaft has worn and no longer engages with the cog on the drive shaft. I have tried almost everywhere to find information on this mower and the engine to no avail. A google search brings up only a picture of my mower. Surely it cannot be unique! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
    wristpin
    Participant

As far as I know , Dori machines were made in France, the German connection is just the JLO engine. We sold Dori machines, mainly cultivators, in the 90s. Our suppliers were Tylers of Blackboys (E. Sussex) who subsequently disposed of their garden machinery business to Godfreys of Sevenoaks (Kent). I sold my business and retired in 2012 and the last BAGMA Garden Machinery Price Guide that I have (May 2012) does not list Dori so it would appear that they had withdrawn from the UK market by then – or even ceased to exist.
    None of the above is much help for your immediate problem but it might be just worth contacting Godfreys parts department, even if it is just to find out that obtaining what you need is a lost cause.

Godfreys Sevenoaks Limited. Address : Otford Road, Sevenoaks, Kent – TN14 5EG. Tel : 01732741177 ..

dorigny
    Participant

Previously in the UK Dori (Dorigny) was with IPU, Industrial Power Units and also I seem to recall Hancox.?

At my work location we ran a Dori 720H 29″ rotary mower from 1995 up to 2013.

At various times when changes of UK support was in process we had difficulty with spares, in one instance despite measuring and also sending photos to the importer of the day I could not source the correct blade clutch cable…
    Then by quirk of getting involved trying to help a Wolseley Clearway owner in France to source a part in UK I mentioned my Dori cable sourcing problem and she contacted her local garden machinery agent in the next town and there was one in stock…which she kindly posted over to me from France 🙂

Just to add that my posting name on here is Dorigny but I have no connection other than running a couple of Dori machines in my time.

The other mower was a now tired Dori TD1801H that requires blade mount adapter and third bearing engine mount ring to run…

C.

trusty220
    Keymaster

You are quite right. I sold Dori machines in the early 90’s and they were imported at that time by Industrial Power Units (IPU) which was based in Wolverhampton at that time. They are still in existence and are based in West Bromwich but they wouldn’t be any help in sourcing parts.

After they gave up the franchise it was taken up by J.H.Hancox of Portway, Birmingham, but that company is no longer in existence having ceased trading over ten years ago.

I will make a few enquiries for you to see if parts are available in this country. Please be patient and I’ll see what I can do.

dorigny
    Participant

The 720H, think it was really 723H ?? with H for Honda engine. It was a bit of trouble early on, had a few problems which related to slighty poor manufacture/assembly/simplification over early versions. Mostly related to set and position of belt guides which I then got the measure of, thence ok The full surrounding guide around transmission belts would not sit right without some fettling of the mounting holes…
    We had a piece of rubber belting added to the back of the cutting deck to try to stop it chucking debris into the drive under tray…but then went the opposite way and removed the centre sheet steel of the under tray..allowing anything that went in to that area to drop free rather than build up there….then it did a huge amount of mowing over a lot of years inc very long, after spring bulbs, grass too. Now replaced with two wheel tractor with flail head and 32″ mulch deck.

TD1801 looked the Renault 4 of the mower world..but again let down a bit by build..height abjuster mods needed and a tendancy to flex a little on its rear wheel mounts…also did a lot of work though…’til it chafed out blade mount…

C.

wristpin
    Participant

At various times when changes of UK support was in process we had difficulty with spares, i

My memory is of continuous problems with spares – including when the French factory shut down for a very extended summer break !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.