C. G. A. Annual Price Book

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion C. G. A. Annual Price Book

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    alan
    Participant

Does anybody know when the Country Gentlemen’s Association Annual price Book was first introduced and what years it ran between.

I see there are many dated from the 1950’s and 60’s.

philip-s
    Participant

Hi Alan,
    I suspect the name changed over the years as I have a faccimile copy of the Country Gentlemens annual Catalogue dated 1894 produced by the C.G.A. It is full of contemporary adverts with prices, just like the annual price books of the 1950’s and 60’s. It is also stated that it is the second annual catalogue they had produced—hence 1893 must have been the first.
    Philip

hdtrust
    Participant

Hi Allen
    The Country Gentleman Association ran from 1893 to 1975,after that period it changed its name, and was still running in the 1980’s,in the latter years it moved from Letchworth to Eaton Square London, I think no 19 from memory, they shared a building with the Institute of Psychiatry, at the time I was visiting every day (As a courier, nothing else)
    They produced many books over the years, the one to shy away from is their calendar book as it does not have any decent references.
    I have a complete run of original copies, but a little warning the late 1920’s copies to the 1930’s can make eye watering sums
    Hope this helps
    Mr Wallingfield

charlie
    Keymaster

The CGA still exists with their offices at Codford near Warminster.

alan
    Participant

Many thanks,

I see that the CGA have the entire archives of their publications at their offices.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.