briggs and stratton Puzzle

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects briggs and stratton Puzzle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I have worked on a few Briggs and stratton engines over the years and thought I was familiar with this make, But, I have a Generator with a B&S 5 HP engine (Mod.135 ) made in 1997 according to the date code, the factory code is YA wherever that is, This engine worked fine when I put it in my Lockup 5 years ago, but now no spark, it is fitted with a stop switch, which is a simple shorting out device, and it is fitted with an Oil trip switch in case of oil failure, I have wire brushed all the rust off the Flywheel,and the magnet is sound and clean, the B&S manual suggests disconnecting these stop and oil warning leads in the case of no spark, done this no spark, I assumed the points/ Condenser need attention, But before taking off the flywheel, I checked the Manual, there is no mention of points, breakers or condensers! also an advert for a new coil, mentions that it is points free! I have obviously missed something in my education, How does the ignition work? any ideas? Plonker

vhgmcbuddy

Hi,

No there will no points!

Can upload pics of the engine

Thanks

Mark

wristpin
    Participant
    vhgmcbuddy

Nice to hear from you, and thank you for that information, My education now almost complete! I cant believe I have had this hobby for so long and never came across this ignition system, I simply had no idea! shows the value of this club, with all the wealth of experience in it, Thanks again. Plonker

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.