Braune Batricar 1980\'s battery spec?(12volt/???Ah)

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Braune Batricar 1980\'s battery spec?(12volt/???Ah)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Can anyone provide this information. There are no specs
    in the documentation and I think the battery on the scooter
    may not be the correct one. It is 12 volt and marked Crompton C X L.

charlie
    Keymaster

In the absence of any spec for the battery I would suggest factors to consider are physical size, location of terminals and Ah capacity, as large as possible. I am not sure how the use will impact on type of battery ie traction motor rather a car battery which needs to start the engine and is then charged by the alternator.

enginear
    Participant

with ref to these batteries they must be agm or gel type with the correct charger, fitting car batteries would work for a while but they don’t like to be run down like a disability battery, and i can assure you they are not cheap. another point if it has two batteries make certain they are wired up correctly some are 12v in series others wired to give 24v.

wristpin
    Participant

are wired up correctly some are 12v in series others wired to give 24v.

Two 12v in series do give 24v , possibly some were in parallel still giving 12v but with a greater capacity.
    The early Batricars were a heavy and quite crude old beasts using what components were available and I’m thinking that they might have used standard car batteries. My Dad had a bright yellow one back in the 70s and I only threw away the owner’s manual just before this thread started.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.