Barman Rotary Hoe.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi I have just been given a 4stroke Howard bantam cleaned the points checked oil and fuel and away it went.My question is it has no throttle cable or lever and it looks like it’s a model that’s never had any kind of throtle.Once it started everything worked ok but no way of throttle control but it sounded pretty good.It’s a Howard barman rotary hoe model no 46572 does anyone know of this model to say that there is a bantam that’s works like this many thanks Joe.

andyfrost
    Participant

Any chance you could post a photo of your carb/engine.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Andy I have some photos of the bantam engine now I will try and load them this evening.

vhgmcbuddy

Here are some photos of villiers engine on bantam hoe hope they load ok.

Attachments:
    andyfrost
    Participant

Joe , at some point in its life it’s had a change of carb , the b10 is not the original carb fitted on a Bantam. That’s not to say that it will not run or perform perfectly OK.
    The correct carb for your model is an S12 , which requires the correct manifold. It’s entirely up to you if you want to keep it all original.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Andy thanks for your reply regarding the carb on barman it does run ok and every thing else works as it should I think for what little I shall use it I will leave it as it is.But I’m interested
    to know what machines would these b10 carbs have been on if have have any ideas many thanks joe.

andyfrost
    Participant

Joe , the b10 carb was used on the MK10/12 and 15 , and was used on a whole host of machines , so far more common , and hence easier to source parts.

Andy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.