Barford Powerscythe

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Barford Powerscythe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi all. I’ve recently got my hands on a Barford Powerscythe and need some advice for the novice.

Firstly do these machines have a clutch to disengage the cutter bar? At the moment I can’t turn the engine over without engaging it and therfore it’s pretty heavy to start with a cord.

Secondly, it’s got a Villiers engine – can I run it on normal unleaded or should I add an additive?

Thanks, Rich

vhgmcbuddy

Oh, I forgot!

Thirdly, has anyone got any manuals for either the scythe or the engine (Villiers Mk12) or both?

Thanks again

ted20
    Participant

the only way I know to run machine without cutter running is to remove drive belt which is what Barford recommends if travelling any distance

charlie
    Keymaster

I have manuals for machine and engine, drop me a pm with your e mail address and I will send copies. From memory the only clutch is for drive to wheels. Cutter bar may be tight making it difficult to turn engine, well worth removing belt to see and free up cutter bar if necessary.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Charlie, thanks very much for that. Here’s my email (I’m not a paid up club member so can’t pm you):

richard_wheat@hotmail.com

Thanks again

charlie
    Keymaster

Richard, I have not forgotten to send manuals etc hope to do it this weekend.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.