Barford Atom

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello everyone. I have just bought and got running a barford atom.serial number 2524. I need to know the thread size of the bolt that clamps the syckle attachment to the front of the machine please.
    Also, can anyone advise me of the age of the machine. Thank you. Paul Miller

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

I have a barford atom that i have just got running. I need to know the thread size of the bolt that clamps the syckle attachment to the front of the machine please. Also can anyone age my barford from serial number 2524? Thank you. Paul aka VictorMeldrew.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Not sure of thread size but it will be BSF. As far as I know there is no way of dating machine from serial number. However I know from information on the old forum that engines have a date stamped on the flywheel. Will have to have a search to find exactly where.

vhgmcbuddy

yes I had the same problem with the pinch bolt,so I removed it from the machine and took it to an engineer. he then tried it on a die or two until we discovered what size it was then he lent me a tap to renew the threads on the machine. Job Done.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks simar-kid thats encouraging. But I dont have a pinch bolt to measure or try dies on! Do you remember what size it was please? Paul

vhgmcbuddy

paul,really sorry but I don’t know what it is either. someone will come up with the answer rest assured.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.