Ariens potted history

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Ariens potted history

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    wristpin
    Participant

Just read the @Alan history of Ariens in the UK. We were Ariens agents from 1981 and I was still selling the LM21 walk behind when I retired in 2012. I believe that it has only just been taken out of production. We sold nearly all the machines mentioned including a tiller with a snow blower attachment. After the Lely era Ariens formed their own UK operation but the level of sales in the late 80s just wasn’t high enough to support it.

alan
    Participant

I did find that information about Ariens just seemed not to appear after about 1990, thanks for confirming that sales did drop in the late 1980’s which would explain why I couldn’t find anything!

Interesting that you sold the tillers with snowblower attachment, first hand knowledge is always good. Thank you.

For research it’s always difficult to find enough information about any machine or manufacturer so it’s nice to fill in gaps from info from people who actually dealt with the machines in question. Reports and editorial from the time in newspapers, magazines and also brochures cannot always be relied upon, sometimes I leave out information on my articles quite often simply because there’s some doubt about whether the supplied newspaper/magazine information is actually correct – especially when there’s contradictory data and reports!

wristpin
    Participant

I can perhaps fill in a gap or two in the @Alan potted history but not in a public forum . If and when private messaging is restored ……..!

alan
    Participant

Thanks. It’ll be good to have a little more info to fill gaps, when PM is soon sorted I’ll be in touch.

wristpin
    Participant

Info that is in the public arena is that when Ariens closed their UK operation the distribution was taken over by FGM Claymore, the UK arm of Irish Farm And Garden Machinery. More to follow, as and when……

charlie
    Keymaster

As a stop gap, rather than pm if you e mail club account (vhgmc@btinternet.com) I can forward information.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.