An early Christmas present!

Home Forums General Help and information An early Christmas present!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    trusty220
    Keymaster

Mrs. Geoff ‘phoned me today to say that I’d just had two parcels delivered, asking what I’d been spending the money on this time? My claims of total innocence fell on deaf ears so I told her to open them up to see what they were.

Somebody has sent me two brake assemblies for a Trusty Steed, a Norton oil tank, an Amal carburettor and an air filter. There was no covering note inside, no return address and we are completely baffled as to the identity of the benefactor.

Not knowing who to thank, is there anybody out there that will own to up sending me these parts?

…..and, I have to ask, is the rest of the Steed coming in bits in the post?? Only joking!

charlie
    Keymaster

Interesting new tactic for smuggling in new additions to the collection.

trusty220
    Keymaster

…….or should I expect a ransom note in the post? Something along the lines of,” These are parts off your Steed. Leave money in a paper bag or we will start to dismantle it more and sell it off piecemeal.”

I hope not, but you never know!

By the way, Charlie, I hadn’t thought of that one- thanks for the tip. It reminds me of one of my customers who was told by his golf course committee that he couldn’t order a new sprayer. He ended up ordering it in parts and paying a hell of a lot more, but he got his sprayer!

charlie
    Keymaster

Another twist on the ransome theory. Pay up or we send more parts and tell Ruth.

trusty220
    Keymaster

Are you sure it wasn’t you sending me parts and trying to get me in trouble? A trick worthy of The Gnome himself!!

ted20
    Participant

Not a bad idea Charlie many years ago (when Sylvia was alive) she was not interested in rallies when I had my angle cab truck she counted every machine on and when I came back she counted them again and I could not swap any because she knew every machine

trusty220
    Keymaster

At last we have a culprit- sorry, unknown benefactor. It was John Little from Edinburgh! Thanks John the parts will come in useful.

Oh, and I’ll get you back one day, probably when you’re least expecting it!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.