Xenoah G3C 2 stroke engine capacitor

Home Forums General Help and information Xenoah G3C 2 stroke engine capacitor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    properjob
    Participant

Good evening, over the weekend I dug out my childhood 1970’s mountfield multitrim model 31 brushcutter, thinking of getting it going over the next few weeks. It unfortunately has no spark, on stripping found the capacitor to have gone, it looks unique with the lubrication pad and fittings lug. It is a xenoah G3C engine. I have hunted the usual places, but struggling to find one. It would be a shame to scrap a nice example along with its original 4 line head, harness etc. Can anyone help? Many thanks

Attachments:
    hortiman
    Participant

I would try Club member Jon Cruse, at The mower centre, Hailsham, East Sussex.
    01323 842 447. He stocks a lot of obsolete parts, and has a postal service.

properjob
    Participant

That’s great, I will give them a call, many thanks

stuart
    Participant

Remove or grind away the dud condensor from the mounting lug.Buy a new condensor of the same size and carefully attach it or solder it onto the original lug.I have done it many times on various ignition stator plates.

wristpin
    Participant

Two other options. The condenser doesn’t have to be within the mag, you can hang one at a convenient place outside and just run a wire in to the points but possibly the best solution is to fit an electronic module, Meco or Nova that replaces both the points and condenser. Again, can be fitted either inside or outside the mag. Once fitted , maintenance free.

properjob
    Participant

Thanks everyone, I tried Jon, eventually spoke to a lovely lady who said I had the wrong number, the correct number is 91323 842477. I’ve tried this several times with no reply, and the website seems to be down this morning.
    Good idea about resoldering the bracket on another condenser, this will be my next option I think, but external could also be achieved 👍👍

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.