WHICH WINCH

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    autophil
    Participant

Hi i want to buy a winch to go on the back of my flat bed van, which will pull my trusty on to it and winch it off in a controlled manner.The van is 3ft high and the ramps are 10ft long.
    Have seen a new one on a flee bay shop, it will pull 3500 pounds, do you think this will be ok, and has anyone had one of these winches? are they ok.
    I dont want to advertise it but the item no is 281131010153

joegrgraham
    Participant

I’m not familiar with this particular brand of winch, but for that price, I would be dubious about a) how long the motor will last, and b) how well it’ll stand up to being exposed to the elements on a flat bed truck (I stand to be corrected if anyone has one).
    Depending how much you’re planning to use it, I would either spend a bit more money on a known brand with good parts back-up, or if it’s only for occasional use, maybe just get a hand winch.
    Joe.

charlie
    Keymaster

It also says duty cycle intermittent, so how long will it run for eg will it run long enough to pull load onto load bed. The price does seem very cheap which makes me think why so cheap.

chap
    Participant

I bought a auction site winch for £50 5 years ago used it loading the trusy for 4 years its still going stong,

vhgmcbuddy

I have a champion winch think they are now called Warrior, it looks identical to the one you linked to. Mine is a 4400lb model. Had it for 5 years now and I make it work close to its limit and it has been fine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.