What is it? Help !

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion What is it? Help !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    shaggy
    Participant

We bought this “Anzani” from Great Dorset Steam Fair in 2017 and not through lack of trying we cannot find out any information on it at all. I would be most grateful if anyone can give us any information at all about it as we are we are going to be showing it off at a few Vintage Rallies this year. As far as we know we think is roughly 1950’s. Has a Villiers engine.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

I remember seeing a similar one at Honiton Hill Rally some years ago, possibly the same one? It may have been made by another company that preceded the Easi Mow design.

Attachments:
    wristpin
    Participant

The Easi-mow, ride on mower, was originally manufactured by EFRanger (Ferring) Ltd in West Sussex, in the early 50s, and was of the “open frame” tubular construction. In the late 50s they sold the manufacturing rights to British Anzani who evolved the original design into the more streamlined pressed steel Lawnrider.
    The truck illustrated definitely has Easi-mow origins down to the original shaped fuel tank and the “chain around a sprocket” recoil starter. The attached images are of my part restored Easi-mow.

Attachments:
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.