welland Sale this is a bit rare

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines welland Sale this is a bit rare

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    will-haggle
    Participant

Might there be some bits on the Continent?

charlie
    Keymaster

The machine is now safely home and under cover. Closer inspection and some dismantling reveal engine is seized solid, the damage to cylinder water jacket is worse than photos show and drive casing for rotavator is broken. Has anybody any experience of getting one off castings made?
    I will start a new topic in projects section with photos and notes on progress.

vhgmcbuddy

Could a very good welder perhaps tig it?

vhgmcbuddy

Also thinking back I had some Wacker weights cast from originals about 15 years ago, it was a firm in Bristol, but I’m sure they shut up shop when the old boy retired. Wasn’t that expensive, but after all this time can’t remember the exact costs involved.

will-haggle
    Participant

Charlie, Down Bridport there’s a foundry which may be able to help. I know that Andy Hall has got bits cast, not sure where he goes, though….
    http://www.bridportfoundry.com/

charlie
    Keymaster

Tig welding may work but there are a few bits missing.
    Alan, thanks for reminding me about foundry at Bridport, they had a traction engine at West Bay Rally. The expensive part will be making the pattern I expect.

will-haggle
    Participant

Patterns can be made using polystyrene nowadays, stick your original together, have it scanned in 3D, then a polystyrene pattern can be produced on a 3 axis CNC…

jtg1
    Participant

still looking for a piston, rings and crank, for mine, should it prove to be irreparable.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.