welland Sale this is a bit rare

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines welland Sale this is a bit rare

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    chap
    Participant

Saw this in the sale at Welland today did not see it sold but i wonder if a member bought it

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Simar Rototiller M10, appears to be in very good condition considering it is over 85 years old. I can confirm it was sold to a fellow VHGMC member.

roatavator
    Participant

Lovely to see another one for preservation. Any idea how many of these were sold in the UK, Charlie? I’m just wondering what my chances are of adding the last machine I really need to complete the collection! (Well, acually not the last, you can never have enough, but don’t tell the wife…)

andyfrost
    Participant

Very nice . also Howards best ever machine lurking in the background.

Andy.

roatavator
    Participant

Funny you should say that, Andy. The 700 is actually one of the other machines I would like (I lied when I said one other above). Have to be one with the Hirth diesel though – I know, they’re a lot of trouble compared to the 2-stroke, but I operated a Hirth as a kid and loved the way they sound. The occasional 700 crops up on that auction site, but very rarely a Hirth. However, I am patient!

charlie
    Keymaster

This story has taken a very sad and unfortunate turn. Whilst in transit on a trailer from Welland the Rototiller fell off the trailer and is now looking like it is beyond repair all involved are gutted.
    A warning to all to make sure your load is secure.

Attachments:
    roatavator
    Participant

Thats tragic. My sympathies to the new owners.

will-haggle
    Participant

Surely all is not lost there, as charlie said, make sure it’s secured, the driver can get done for having an insecure load….

vhgmcbuddy

You are a total muppet if you cant tie down a load. You should not be towing a trailer if you cant

hortiman
    Participant

Could be a useful source of parts Charlie, I hope it is not scrapped!

charlie
    Keymaster

The owner has contacted me and the remains are coming to me. I will then be able to see just how bad the damage is rather than just what can be seen in the photo. More updates when I have it home.

will-haggle
    Participant

Ha! It’s coming to the right place then, better go and fetch it on your trailer, Charlie! My trailer is a flatbed and I have to use numerous straps to make sure it all stays where it’s put. A good plan is to stop down the road a bit and check the straps…
    Picture shows my Merry Tiller Truck loaded up for the Game Fair a few years ago…

Attachments:
    andyfrost
    Participant

Seems like a MUST for the cultivator , regarding safe loading. Even AFTER the disaster there’s still only one strap holding it on , and even that is pulling on a sharp edge.

Andy.

oddhatuk
    Participant
    roatavator
    Participant

Well, good luck with that one Charlie. Have to say, the advantageof the Commer with the dropsides is you’ve got reasonable height protection all round, and its easy to secure the straps at variuos points round the machines. I also make sure they are in gear and wheels chocked. The front 2 machines I sandwich up against the back of the cab. May be belt and braces, but better safe than sorry, especially when you can achieve nearly 43mph downhill with a following wind!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.