Weeley

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    andyfrost
    Participant

I’ve just booked my nights at the Premier Inn , so how many of you Gents are attending this year.

Andy.

joegrgraham
    Participant

I’m planning to go again this year, not sure what I will be bringing yet though.

dave
    Participant

All club members are welcome at Weeley. Check the next issue of the Cultivator
    for all details or give me a phone call on 01376 340072.
    Dave.

charlie
    Keymaster

I booked my room months ago. I will be there with something different and very rarely seen. Find out what in September.

trusty220
    Keymaster

Your wallet??

dave
    Participant

Don’t forget that this year we are having a rotary cultivator
    themed event on the Sunday along with lots more fun being
    planed. Looking forward to meeting old friends and making
    new ones.

charlie
    Keymaster

Geoff, not that rare.

stevewoollas
    Participant

Charlie, We don’t think you can get out of it now. All visitors to Weeley will have to see that rare as hens teeth, abundant as rocking horse droppings, secure as the Bank of England leather folding sleeve generally purporting to be your wallet. Rare?, Yes, many believed this to be as extinct as the Dodo but I am assured it is known to manifest itself shortly following the appearance of a rare Simar or similar Munro product, it is unfolded, the Queen blinks, moths flutter, folded notes depart the said wallet and, hey presto, another rare machine enters the Moore collection.
    Chair and I remember those early days before you learnt how to spend on rare and unusual must have machines, that unfortunate instance with the RSPB, (Royal Society for the Protection of Butterflies), following that incident when the moths hibernating in your wallet suffocated due to it not being opened in so many months. Never mind, we got you out of that one, promotion to President worked wonders with the Beak!
    Chair has asked I remind you of the therapy, open the wallet in public periodically, Weeley the therapist assures us would be an excellent opportunity to demonstrate your ability to overcome this phobia.
    Must go, Chair is dribbling all over his Trusty again.
    Everyone enjoy Weeley!

trusty220
    Keymaster

Now that you mention it, do you think it best to allow Charlie into Essex? After all, his moths did get the blame for the cabbage blight on The Fens a few years back after the Holbeach Working Weekend. And we won’t even mention what he did to the potatoes for fear of offending the Fenland Ladies’ Guild- their roast spuds just haven’t been the same since, and Aunt Bessie still has nightmares to this day.

Coincidence?? I think not!

charlie
    Keymaster

I will give said wallet a good dusting with DDT, if I can find it, the wallet not the DDT, I know where that is. That way it will avoid any issues with moths and related diseases, also you wont know if it is dust from lack of use or DDT when (if) I open it. Are the white £5 notes still OK to use, what about the £1 notes too?

trusty220
    Keymaster

I’ve still got that ten bob note that you passed me at Holbeach a few years ago. I can’t get anyone to take it off my hands, so I’m guessing you know what you can do with the rest. I should never have believed you when you said it was a Scottish ten pound note! It was only when I showed it to Aunt Bessie that she told me what it was and I ruined a whole batch of her Yorkshire Puddings with my reply, suitably emphasized with choice swear words!.

Fenland Dawn was quite reticent on the matter too- apparently she’s got a whole purse full of pound notes that she can’t spend. I never asked her how she came by them, but it was just after Holbeach “a few years ago”. Another coincidence? I think not!

No, Charlie, keep your dud money in Somerset, DDT or no DDT!

andyfrost
    Participant

Dave , rotavators would be a fine idea , it would be nice to see a different slant to our hobby , rather than just ploughs.
    It’ll be a TIGHT squeeze in the van , but I’m hoping to bring a brace of 700s.

Andy.

dave
    Participant

Andy, A great idea. I am bringing my Clifford mk4 and a Mansley cultivator
    for my Ransomes mg6.
    Dave.

roatavator
    Participant

I’m really thinking I must give Weeley a look this year. Especially in view of Charlie’s mysterious post. One question, are there facilities on site? 70 miles in the Commer will necessitate several bottles of water to combat heat in the cab. If not Charlie might not be the only member with something different and rarely seen on show, especially if the hedges are short…..

dave
    Participant

Peter.There good toilets on site there is a tap with drinking water and the hedges are fairly high
    to hide your embarrassment. We would love to see you there, just bring along a Simar and make
    some noise.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.