Weeley 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    trusty220
    Keymaster

Bring them anyway, Charlie. If all else fails I’ll have my tools with me- I may need them for the engine on the roller!

See you there.

charlie
    Keymaster

I will be as they help give a full range of SIMAR models. I will also be bringing another rare machine which I picked up yesterday, not SIMAR and was advertised in August issue of The Cultivator.

roatavator
    Participant

Well I’m ready! See you Saturday. 56 and 50 on board. Anyone without a machine is welcome to have a bash with mine.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

NOTE postcode in magazine is wrong it should end with 9AL not 9EL, only just spotted when entering it into sat nav.

charlie
    Keymaster

All loaded up. 5, 30, 50, 122 (or which ever model it is) and a couple of other items.

roatavator
    Participant

Back from Weeley Saturday session. It was great to be able to say hello in person to several members I only knew through the forum. Thoroughly enjoyed the day. I’ll definitely be back in future years. What a marvellous club this is, full of very knowledgable and friendly people. Special thanks to Dave for great preparation of the working field, soil turned over a treat. No doubt there will be a full report in The Cultivator, but for those who would like a sample of a SIMAR Serenade, here’s more SIMARS working together than you are likely to see again this year.

roatavator
    Participant

dave
    Participant

Thanks for the comments. The short video clips do not do the Simar
    serenade justice. If you were on the field it was deafening. I
    bet if you had have been in Clacton or Colchester you would
    have heard the racket. It was a great weekend. Se the full report
    and all the photos in the October edition of the Cultivator.

roatavator
    Participant

Dave, my comments were well deserved! And Weeley is a lovely location for the event. Almost forgot to add the video of the Rowtrac!

roatavator
    Participant

charlie
    Keymaster

A brilliant weekend, thanks to all involved in oragnising and everyone that attended. Some were lucky to witness me starting up and running the SIMAR 10E for the first time, it still needs a bit of work to improve starting and running. Photos to follow.

trusty220
    Keymaster

I will echo the rest of you- brilliant weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed myself (despite losing part of the throttle linkage on the way there!).

The roller is running better than ever now thanks to the heavy work-out of the Weeley Wander; the hills certainly got it quite warm and the heavy smoke had all but disappeared at the end, with the added bonus that I now have a lot of leaks to sort out!

Well done to Dave Clark and team, and a hearty “Thank You” to Dave Weeley and family for letting us take over their farm for the weekend.

Looking forward to next year.

Geoff

charlie
    Keymaster

Just one of the rare machines seen at Weeley a Trusty roller. I have posted a link to video of the SIMAR 10 in a post in pedestrian machines section of forum.

Attachments:
    joegrgraham
    Participant

As above, a fantastic weekend, thanks to everyone involved, especially Dave Weeley for letting me have a go with his plough, and Dave Clark for the crash course in crawler ploughing.
    Next year is in the diary and I’m off to the shed to start repairing the bits that broke/came loose!

Joe.

sandi-roger
    Participant

It was another fantastic weekend! The Weeleys even ordered the weather this year…. A big thank you to Dave, Chris, Helen and Roger for making us all so very welcome! Also to Dave and Robert for organising yet another successful weekend!

Just a few photos of the weekend, some more to follow…

Sandi
    x

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.