Weeley 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    dave
    Participant

Its getting toward that time of the year when all our thoughts turn
    towards the Weeley weekend. This year it is being held on 15th and 16th
    September at Brokhowse Farm, Thorpe Rd, Weeley. Essex CO16 9AL. All club
    members are welcome. Camping available from Thursday before till Monday
    after. A rough program of events is as follows. Saturday am potato lifting so spuds can be baked at the farm house for the Saturday barbeque. Mid morning Sat will be the ploughing match
    followed by the ladies furrow drawing event. Saturday evening is the barby/drinkies get together
    we will supply the barby you bring your own food/drinks. Hopefully we will supply the baked spuds.
    Sunday morning we will have the Weeley wander this is a road run round the farm for ride on
    machines. Last year it was lots of fun. Also all over the weekend we will be holding a Simar serenade. As it is the 100th anniversary of the Simar co we want to see and hear as many
    Simars as we can get, please bring your own ear defenders.
    Any queries please phone Dave on 01376 340072 or email djclark89@btinternet.com.
    See you there. Dave.

charlie
    Keymaster

Note, this event is only open to paid up club members, it is not open to the general public.

joegrgraham
    Participant

Trailer hire is booked, looking forward to it. See you there!

dave
    Participant

A quick update on the Weeley weekend.
    The potatoes are looking good. The field is being prepared by Chris with his big
    tractor and is in prime condition. We have two good men booked as judges for the
    ploughing match on the Saturday morning. Hon club chairman and Bob Cragie.
    The Simar serenade is being managed by club President Charlie Moore .
    Not a lot more to say at the moment so off to the workshop to get the spud
    lifters sorted out. See you all at Weeley.

roatavator
    Participant

Looking forward to it Dave. Hopefully will have fixed plough mag by then!
    Peter

trusty220
    Keymaster

The Trusty Roller should be mobile but I’m having trouble with the brakes at the moment, but they should be working come the big weekend.

If Dave Weeley has got any moles on site they had better watch out!

vhgmcbuddy

You want spud lifting gear then Dave?

I feel a long week end coming along 🙂

dave
    Participant

Yes please Chris. I have never used the spud lifting
    gear on the Ransomes so I am on a sharp learning curve.
    The more the merrier.
    See you there.

charlie
    Keymaster

Also need more members to let me know what models of SIMAR they are bringing.

roatavator
    Participant

Charlie
    After a troublesome summer with my collection it looks like I’ll have to bring a 56. Whether plough or tiller at this stage I can’t say. Of the rest two leak fuel and two are being uncooperative!
    Peter

carlharper
    Participant

Charlie i will be bringing my simar 35
    With plough and rota box

dave
    Participant

My 35 will be there in the static line.

charlie
    Keymaster

Thanks, it looks as if 35 and 56 are covered. I will bring a 5 and a 30, not sure if they will be running as it is a long time since they last came out of the shed. I will have a working model 122, at least that is what I think it is, and one other non runner, you will have to come to Weeley to see what it is.

dave
    Participant

Robert and I went to the farm at Weeley this morning. The playpen field looks in tip top
    condition. Chris has topped the field and rolled it for us. The potato plot looks good
    spuds ready to be lifted so bring your lifting gear along.
    The camping field grass is cut and all is ready for a good weekend. All we need now
    is two sunny days next weekend and lots of members to come along and help make it a
    good time.
    There will be a static line of machines to look at and a line of machines/bits for sale
    so bring your wallets. Don’t forget the barby on Saturday evening, we supply the barby you bring along the eats/drinks etc.
    See you all next weekend.

charlie
    Keymaster

Various machines dragged out of their hiding places in the shed, now to get them going again, a couple of them have not run for years.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.