Trusty Earthquake

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    trusty220
    Keymaster

The new addition to the family arrived just over a week ago- an Earthquake with fingerbar mower, rotavator, Tarpen hedgecutter attachment and trailer drawbar. They have been so well cared for that the paint is still in good condition and the mower attachment still has it’s original Trusty blade protector.
    When I collected it the owner said that he knew where the trailer was- it turned out to be the other side of the country and halfway up a mountain (well, large hill, but the drive up to it was 1 in 4 with hairpins!).
    Here are the photo’s that one or two of you have asked me to post. The restoration will have to take it’s place in the queue so I can’t promise a completion date, but I’m looking forward to it nonetheless.
    The wheels and axle for the trailer are from the Bogey Seat for the 2-wheeled tractor. They are extremely heavy duty for this application and one is seized on the axle as well. Happy Days!

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Another rarity found and saved, well done. Maybe a theme for a future event, machines with their original trailers, Trusty, Barford, Merry Tiller, Monro Tiller etc.

trustymasseyman
    Participant

Well done Geoff, this should get trusty enthusiasts excited. Keep use posted on restoration

trusty-mad
    Participant

very nice. i would love to see a close up of the tarpen fitting. also nice to see how trusty continued to reuse existing parts with those wheels.

trusty220
    Keymaster

I haven’t sorted out how the Tarpen fitting works yet. It was fitted to the original engine and removed when the Kohler engine was fitted. Presumably it is in the collection of bits and pieces that came with it.

Once I’ve had a good sort out I’ll post some photo’s of the Tarpen arrangement.

will-haggle
    Participant

Tarpen fitting might look something like this, I don’t know what this one’s for, could be a mower…

Attachments:
    trusty220
    Keymaster

I’ve been over to look for the offending adapter and here’s the photo. It does look very similar to yours, Alan, except that it uses a larger pulley on the crankshaft to speed up the attachment.

As you can see from the other pictures the place is swimming this morning and I got extremely wet taking the photo’s. Such dedication!

Attachments:
    andyfrost
    Participant

VERY nice Geoff , I’m hoping to bring a nice original Earthquake to Weeley this year.

Andy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.