Trusty Auto Lift Cultivator

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Trusty Auto Lift Cultivator

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    properjob
    Participant

I have purchased an auto lift cultivated in lots of bits, so not sure if everything is there yet. I trying to work out the auto lift mechanism, where springs go etc, let alone the linkage set up.
    Does anyone have such info or can take any photos of yours that may help me. I have lots of bits 😃
    I have looked at as much as I can on line, but nothing is clear enough detail
    Attached is the main drum an some parts
    Many thanks

Attachments:
    halfa
    Participant

I’ll take some photos over the weekend for you. I’m rebuilding one myself.

properjob
    Participant

That would be great….I was beginning to think what I had was rarer than I thought 😀😀
    If it’s easier, can you email i.dennis456@btinternet.com
    Many thanks

halfa
    Participant

Here’s a few to get you started hopefully.

Attachments:
    properjob
    Participant

This is a great help.When you get chance the main frame will also be helpful as all I have is a pile of loose parts 😄
    Thanks again

halfa
    Participant

No problem, this is as far as I have got at the moment but as it goes back together I’ll update you. I’ll get some better ones for you when it’s not chucking it down I’ll lift it all outside. My workshop is rather tight for space, Good luck.

properjob
    Participant

No great rush, I have the same space issue and my health isn’t favourable at the moment along with the wife earache 😄😂😂. Thanks again

properjob
    Participant

I think I’ve got things something like it but I’ve has to make /extend the shaft which possibly was located by a roll pin? I would need to know approx position as this part of the shaft was broken. There was also a spacer (that looks like threads), should this be there or further out as the bolt head rubs the casting, but this may be due to linkage not all fitted. If you wish to phone to explain or email me yours, mobile is 07747783881.
    More pics may be helpful😃
    Kind regards

Attachments:
    properjob
    Participant

I’m a bit further forward, when you pull the lever forward, he lift mechanism locks in, partially lifting, and push the lever back a little, seems to lift fully locking on a pin.
    Strangely I can only make it drop by rotating the wheels backwards, I’m sure this is not right or practical. Is the another spring or linkage to release it to drop?
    Many thanks

Attachments:
    halfa
    Participant

Sorry about not replying, I have been busy with decorating a nursery and fitting a new bathroom so I haven’t touched my cultivator. Looks like you are pressing ahead well with yours if not already done. I’ll be back out in the workshop soon, probably to escape changing nappies. Cheers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.