Tractor World Spring 2016

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Tractor World Spring 2016

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    trusty220
    Keymaster

I’ve been to put up the club stand this morning so that everything is ready for when exhibitors arrive. There wasn’t much to see when I was there but Mark Woodward was very helpful and let me extend the length of the stand by about six feet. I just hope we can fill it!

Paul and Wendy Mac were there bright and early, as was Jonathan Cox who was overseeing the build up of the Ransomes MG display. So far only one exhibitor had excused themselves through illness but he is still expecting over 30 different variants of the tractor to make up the display.

I will take my camera with me on Saturday and hopefully post some pictures of the event on Saturday night when I get home.

Come and see us on the stand if you’re going. See you there.
    Geoff

trusty-mad
    Participant

i will be down on sunday so look forward to seeing everyone.

trustymasseyman
    Participant

The shopkeeper and treasurer plan to be on site approximately 8 a.m. set up and then have breakfast ……

will-haggle
    Participant

I left home last night, got a couple of miles, the glow plug light was flashing, problem. I returned home and will try to sort it today. I’ll be there tomorrow even if I have to drive the car with no exhibits….

will-haggle
    Participant

Van’s sorted, I’ll be up tomorrow!

trusty220
    Keymaster

We would all love to see you there, Alan, especially as I have a little present for you as well.

There are some real rarities on display this year such as the Garrett version of the BMB Plowmate and the vintage hedgecutter with stationary Petter engine.

Jonathan Cox (Expeatfarmer) has exceeded all expectations with his display of Ransomes MG crawlers which is simply superb. A very “Well Done” to all who collaborated to bring this off, both exhibitors and organisers- I reckon it’s the best display that I’ve seen for a long time. Not only was there a variety of modified machinery there, the layout allowed the visitor to view and photograph each exhibit easily; it even looked like each item was different because no two similar machines were parked next to each other.

I will let the photo’s speak for themselves.

Attachments:
    will-haggle
    Participant

I tried, got up at 5am this morning, van started OK, no idiot lights, loaded dogs, food and camera, headed up the road. Just past Lyneham the engine cut and I coasted to a halt. AA called at 6:30, relay truck arrived by 9am, he took the van to my repair chap just North of Wootton Bassett. I got back at 10:15 and gave up, never mind! I was so sorry to miss this show. Don’t know what’s up with the VW but the starter won’t turn the engine…
    Please I need loads of pictures for the Cultivator, cultivator-editor@outlook.com, Thanks!

trusty220
    Keymaster

Now that the show is over I can safely say that it has been brilliant! Here are some more pictures for those of you who couldn’t attend (Alan!), and I do apologise for not getting around to everyone before the close tonight but it was very chaotic. In an ideal world I would have preferred to have spoken to everyone individually to thank them but it simply wasn’t going to happen with the hasty retreat to the loading areas.

Well done to Jonathan for winning the individual prize for best exhibit and for best display. Well deserved, the best display for any machine that I’ve seen for a long time. Oh, and thank you Wendy Mac for the chocolate cake; everyone who tried it on the stand was very appreciative!

I didn’t notice when I posted the previous set of photo’s, but the sharp-eyed amongst you will have noticed our Shopkeeper helping himself to Chairman’s coffee. Damned cheek!

Attachments:
    alan
    Participant

Thank you for the photos, Geoff.

I’m told I should have gone to Malvern this year but I hadn’t finished my exhibits and before I knew it the show was upon us.

Yes, I did notice the coffee being poured by a fellow member in the first set of photos.

dave
    Participant

I am glad that I made the long treck from Essex to the show.
    To all the exhibitors very well done and thanks to Jonathan
    for the Ransomes display. It was very well organised. I would like to
    see half that number of Ransomes working at Weeley in September
    at the club working weekend.
    Dave.

expeatfarmer
    Participant

I might have been the front man but there are a number of people who really deserve a thank you for helping to make it happen. Anthony and Laura for helping with inspiration sorting key parts such as MERL and Trevor and a super effort to bring 4 machines to fill the gaps, Rhys and Carlo ( aka Rhys’s Dad) helping to set up and take down the backdrops and banners. Trevor Hopkins for the absolutely amazing display of leaflets and literature ditto Joe Paget for the boards on the back display. Neil and Paula for the effort involved in bringing along the spares and Welsh cakes, The staff of the Museum of English Rural Life for the archives and videos,my wife Janet for making up all the name badges, the seat for my ITW and putting up with grumpy me when things went wrong,and suggesting the absent machines photos. Alistair for bringing along that lovely two furrow plough which he forgot to put on my trailer along with the other plough, Anne for baking some lovely 80th cup cakes and the sponges featuring Alistair. Lastly and by no means least I would like to thank every single person who dug out their MG and brought it along some with superb effort Ashley and Ian Dennis were still refurbishing their lovely MG2’s the night before they left from Truro I am amazed that the paint was dry. I am so glad that so many people were inspired to dig them out and bring them along to make a superb celebration of these wonderful machines. I do hope that all the overseas owners of machines that sent me photos are pleased with the results it was fantastic to show machines in Australia, New Zealand ., South Africa, U.S.A. Canada, Ireland and distant parts of U.K.
    A special moment for me was meeting up with David and Jean Gant and their sons Kevin and Barry, they brought along a gorgeous ex BR I.T.W complete with rail man’s torch. David and Jean have been Ransome’s enthusiasts for many many years and between them they have a superb collection of 13 machines. David went blind some years ago and yet he still gets involved in machine restoration and embarrassingly for me takes great delight in his son’s reading out to him my postings about my projects. So enthusiastic are they all as a family that Jean showed me a photo album of a recent event where they had had a family picnic in the shed with all the Ransomes machines up and running round about them. A pleasure and a privilege to meet such lovely people as it has been with everyone who brought along a machine.

I have been asked if we could repeat the exercise at Newark Show in November, I am up for it let me know if you are !

expeatfarmer
    Participant

Another point that struck me after Tractor World was that a number of the MG tractors were enthusiastically exhibited by young lads in their twenties, how pleasing that the machines still have appeal across all ages and there are younger followers to buy them off us when we are too old to carry on !!!!!

expeatfarmer
    Participant

Somebody left me a very nice MG6 /40 bumper bar at the end of the show no idea who it was but thank you very much.

expeatfarmer
    Participant

There are a number of videos available on You Tube re Tractor World links below

https://m.youtube.co…h?v=6Ld63BRrhVA

https://m.youtube.co…h?v=GtF0Rw9DWuc

https://m.youtube.co…h?v=scYb_1-lfTc

https://m.youtube.co…h?v=H63wVJYHze8
    https://youtu.be/v56AHaXIXbs.

General view seems to be that we try for a repeat with some new machines at Newbury in October if you would like to take part please let me know. thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.