Tractor World, Malvern

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Tractor World, Malvern

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    trusty220
    Keymaster

Just a quick line to say that the club will be there on both days in the usual (I hope) location in the centre of the hall with the club stands.

Ivan Clark will be putting his exhibits on the club tables as a bit of added interest for members to look at and I should be there from early Friday to help with the build-up.

Proofs of the new book “Trusty-The All British Tractor” will also be available for the Trusty collectors to look at, so there will be plenty to occupy you if you get fed up at the auction!

Please come and say hello to us if you are there.

See you there!

stevewoollas
    Participant

Hello All,
    I will be there all being well with, not only some painted rust which is coming out for its first time, but also the club shop which is rather well stocked so come and choose your desired items.
    Also looking forward to seeing the proof of Chairs Trusty book.
    Its going to be a very full weekend– set up on arrival, breakfast, view auction, bid at auction, pay at auction (shed a tear at prices) hide new items from wife, view displays, sell shop items, head to hotel, back in morning, breakfast again, visit trader market, feel all weak at prices, pluck up courage and buy something, smuggle item back to stand and make it look like part of Ivans display, check wife is unaware, read Chairs new book, he’s slipped up here–no need to buy one now!!, look at displays, sell more shop items (support me on this one!) time to pack up, convince wife these are not new items and that we brought them with us, pack all in Ivans trailer, fall asleep on way home, Yes another weekend show passing all too quickly.
    See you there!!–Steve

alan
    Participant

So, Geoff, does this mean there’s a new machinery-related book for us to add to our bookcases?

(I think Mr Woollas should pay extra for the privilege of having the first read too).

trusty220
    Keymaster

You’ll have to bring some dosh with you because I’m going to Lavenham tomorrow to pick up a boxful of the new book, “Trusty, the All British Tractor”. So you won’t have to reconcile yourself to photographing the pages, Steve, you can take your own copy home with you. You will have to cross my palm with silver, though, but you can rest assured that I will tell Mrs. Steve that you’ve had it for some time!

First read? That went to Johnny Polish. He wanted me to autograph it but I spotted his cunning plan- “How much???? But somebody’s scribbled in it, I’m not paying full price!!!”

Luckily I’m wise to his tricks, so if I do sign the book it will be in pencil!

dave
    Participant

Geoff unfortunately I cannot make it to Malvern this year but can
    You save Robert and myself a copy of your book each. We will
    collect and pay for them at the A G M .Ta.
    Dave.

trusty220
    Keymaster

I will take plenty to Malvern with me and hope there will be enough left to take to the AGM on the 11th March. Price is £15 unless you want an unsigned one, in which case it’s £16!! (Only joking!)

charlie
    Keymaster

I have heard Geoff will be buying everyone a breakfast paid for by book sales.

stevewoollas
    Participant

Charlie, So he’s playing that old trick again!
    I’ve witnessed Chair buying members breakfast at Tractor World and thought to myself “What a benevolent Chair. He really appreciates his fellow members.”
    Then I noticed each breakfast came complete with electorial propaganda; a ‘Vote Geoff for Chair’ leaflet which had to be signed very quickly by the lucky? reciprient thus completing a proxy vote to be counted at the forthcoming AGM. Failure to sign the voting slip quickly resulted in the breakfast going cold.
    Little wonder he has more votes than members present at the AGM but then we all know he didn’t get where he is today without a cunning plan!
    Now he is exposed will the next the next issue of The Cultivator carry the headline “AGMvotesgate scandal”
    Lets be positive, back a winning horse, join the battle cry “Vote Geoff for Chair”

trusty220
    Keymaster

What more can I say? If I ever wanted to step down all I need to do is to stop buying breakfasts for people. Hmmm… I might save myself some money as well.

Great idea, Baldrick.

Vote Woollas for Chair

hortiman
    Participant

Hi Geoff.
    I am afraid I will be unable to attend the AGM this year, please make my apologies, I have damaged nerves, ligaments etc in my left leg, I have been on crutches since before Christmas, and it looks like a slow job.

Please also reserve a copy of the Trusty book for me, I will contact you about posting it to me.

Apologies and kind regards
    Chris

andyfrost
    Participant

Chris , very sorry to read , here’s wishing a speedy recovery.

Andy.

trusty220
    Keymaster

Let me know when you want it, Chris. Absolutely no problem to post you a book and I hope your injury recovers speedily.

I hope it wasn’t Trusty related???

bish
    Participant

I’ll be there again i managed to wrestle the Cultmate to the top of the garden steps. (I’m not joking when I say wrestle she fought me all the way)

hortiman
    Participant

Hi Geoff and Andy thank you for your kind thoughts.

No not Trusty related, believe it or not a barrowload of dung was involved, so not even power propelled!!

Please send me a copy with invoice as soon as you are able Geoff, thank you, maybe it will cheer me up!!

Kind regards
    Chris

will-haggle
    Participant

Got me ticket for Saturday, I’m a spectator this year. Looking forward to buying the book….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.