The 'Old VHGMC' site

Home Forums General Help and information The 'Old VHGMC' site

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    darmic1
    Participant

Hi to the admin team,
    I’m just looking through some older posts on here, reading right back to when this incarnation of the VHGMC website started. I wasn’t looking for anything in particular but just a general browse. I noticed the link to the old forum site, which used to be on the right hand side has gone? There was a huge amount of information on that site, and wondered if it was still in existence??? I did briefly try searching for it, but didn’t have any luck. If it is still available, could a link be put on the current site somewhere???

darmic1
    Participant

Answered my own question and have now found it! Odd that ‘google’ didn’t find it last night though, yet this morning its the 2nd item down on the list!!!
    Could a link to the old site be put on here?

alan
    Participant

A link to the old site is: http://www.tractorbox.co.uk/forum/default.asp

Search facility at: http://www.tractorbox.co.uk/forum/search_form.asp?FID=0

When searching make sure that the search criteria box called ‘Find Posts’ is set to ‘Any Date’ rather than ‘Last Six months’ else it’ll return no results.

The old site is a tad fragile and as you’ll know it’s not possible to post on it, it is just a research point.

Images from the old forum were transferred onto the gallery on this site (all 10,000+ images).

We have in mind to archive the old site as a text based search facility which means it could be stored on VHGMC alongside the gallery.

The VHGMC archive and databases (including the old site) are the largest and most diverse horticultural machinery databases on the internet, all contributed to by VHGMC members, that’s a brilliant achievement!

darmic1
    Participant

That would be great Alan, at least that way the information will be saved in a stable, less fragile state. As I said, I did find it again this morning, yet last night Google didn’t find it??? Most peculiar!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.