Small holders show

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Small holders show

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Went to the Ardingly show on Saturday to say Hello and to Gawp at the range of exhibits, Just to say Well Done everyone, I much enjoyed it, The rotavators,and the Sprayers and the lawn Mowers would have made The old lawnmower Club proud, enjoyed talking again to Darren, who seems to finish off his restorations better than the original finish. A good show but less dealers in secondhand “Bits” than usual, I like the “Car Boot” atmosphere of some of the dealers, less than the ones selling Garden Spades for £20.00! Plonker

will-haggle
    Participant

Nice to meet you, Plonker!

darmic1
    Participant

Good to see you again ‘Plonker’! Remember to to contact me regarding the Wico Mag!

will-haggle
    Participant

Some pictures from Ardingly….

will-haggle
    Participant

Shrink Pic doesn’t work any more!

vhgmcbuddy

Darren and I had an interesting discussion on timing the Wico mag. on the Howard Gem. I went back and re read the original instructions from the Howard Gem original manual which gives no instructions for timing on the impulse spark, However , the original Wico instructions do! The setting for the imulse spark is 1/8″ BTDC (and it tells you not to wind up the impulse, but to hold the trip lever in with your thumb) and the timing for the running spark is 3/8″ BTDC, it also mentions that the three positions for the “Stop” on the impulse are to give a variation of 5-35 Degrees, with more variation from moving the mounting plate. So, back to the drawing board!.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.