Simar parts source?

Home Forums General Help and information Simar parts source?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello- I have a 1950 Simar 35C rototiller, and wondering if there are parts sources for this in Britain or elsewhere. Thanks

charlie
    Keymaster

What parts are you looking for?
    I have factory records for machines made by Geo Monro, if yours is one I can date it from the serial number 35????.

vhgmcbuddy

Thank you Charlie. It’s a Simar 35C, serial 5713, imported to the US by Earl Pence in San Leandro, California. Main thing I’m looking for is the dual intake/exhaust manifold, which is broken on mine. The Simar 35C parts book I found shows this as part 911005. Any help will be appreciated.

charlie
    Keymaster

5713 does not look right for a machine made by Geo Monro, it could be a machine made by another maker. Can you check the makers plate or better still post a picture of it.
    The manifold is prone to damage, either in use or when trying to remove the exhaust from the manifold, I dont think I have one in my stock of secondhand parts, the 35 is not so common as the 56 in the UK.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks Charlie. Don’t think this is a Geo Monro, it’s a Swiss Simar 35C, see photo. I’m wondering if there are still parts suppliers for these models.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

No that is definetly a Swiss built machine. I am not aware of any parts supplier for these. Have you tried the SIMAR website and forum?

vhgmcbuddy

I will. But despite the fact that a majority of my ancestors were French, I know nothing of the language. But I’ll give it a try. Thanks Charlie

charlie
    Keymaster

Not sure what web browser you use, if it is google chrome then all you need to do is right click and an option to translate the page will appear.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.