SIMAR 56 plough

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    roatavator
    Participant

My new toy, courtesy of Andy, ex Tom Brassil. Looking forward to some serious ploughing this year!

Attachments:
    dave
    Participant

I look forward to seeing the new toy at Stanfield next month and
    also at Weeley in September at the Simar symphony.

roatavator
    Participant

Hi Dave
    As long as you promise not to laugh at my first attempts with a proper plough, and weather permitting, I’ll be at both.
    Peter

roatavator
    Participant

This new SIMAR is an early one. Serial 560040 must make it 1948. Hopefully Charlie will be able to provide information from the records. Be interesting to know where she went when new.

charlie
    Keymaster

560040 is 40th one made, delivered 23-9-48 to R Billings, St Andrews Gardens, Pangbourne, Berkshire. I have 560028 9-9-48.

dave
    Participant

I never mock another man’s ploughing cos I have been known to
    plough round in circles. I only plough for fun. Not a row of houses.

roatavator
    Participant

Thanks Charlie, good to know where it first went.
    Man after my own heart Dave, but if I find I can keep straight might enter a competition for a laugh. Might pick up the prize for the worst attempt!

vhgmcbuddy

well done i will see u out somewhere with it all the best

roatavator
    Participant

Thanks Tom
    It’s certainly a lovely machine! I’m planning at least Stanfield and Little Ellingham in Norfolk and Weeley, hopefully some others as well. If you let me know in advance if you are going to any I’ll make sure I bring the plough.
    Andy said he thought you used the plough “floating “ ie not secured against sideways movement. I think as a hopeless novice I’ll have to plough with it fixed!
    All the best
    Peter

hortiman
    Participant

A photo from GDSF 2016 for Peter

roatavator
    Participant

Help! Someone’s stolen the photo.

hortiman
    Participant

Hello Peter.
    My computer is mucking about, and shrink pic is so slow, I could walk to you with the photo more quickly, I will try again with photo of your 56A.
    Chris

Attachments:
    andyfrost
    Participant

Peter , I can’t be certain , but I think that pic is Toms other Simar , I’m sure he could confirm.

Andy.

roatavator
    Participant

Thanks Chris. Well worth waiting for! They really look the part on the field, can’t wait to have a bash!
    Don’t think I could bear to part with one, even if I had two, Andy!

hortiman
    Participant

That does not look like the same machine to me, so he could have more than one machine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.