Sachs 2 stroke diesel

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Sachs 2 stroke diesel

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi all,
    I am looking for help here. I have been asked by a friend to recommission his Howard rotovator.
    It has a Sachs 500 diesel engine and try as I might I have not been able to start it.
    There seems very little compression in comparison to other small engines that I have worked on.
    The injector is clean and when cranked out of the engine supplies a fine mist of diesel. Cranked at a fast speed (1500w drill) not even a glimmer of life.
    Any help or suggestions welcome as I do not want this to beat me.
    Regards Max

stuart
    Participant

The Sachs 500 (and 600) is a 2 stroke diesel engine.Are you using the correct ignition starters ?.If compression is low make sure the piston rings are not stuck in there grooves and that the bore and piston etc is all in good condition.Check the fuel injection timing is correct too.

andyfrost
    Participant

From your description , it sounds like a compression problem. Check the piston/cylinder for damage. In good running condition you would not be able to spin the Sachs 500 with a drill , they simply have far to much compression.
    Parts are still available on the continent , so all is far from lost , they don’t come cheap , but IMO the Sachs was by some distance the best power unit ever fitted on the Gem.

Andy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.