Ransomes MG 40 Sachs Engine

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Ransomes MG 40 Sachs Engine

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I have a Ransomes MG 40 with a Sachs 600 diesel engine. This is now a non runner due to oil pump failure which has resulted in a damaged piston. I am considering putting a new engine in and wonder if any one knows a good type of engine that will fit the MG 40 with out to much alteration, it needs to be electric start.

expeatfarmer
    Participant

Probably the most common non standard engine fitted would be a Lombardini diesel. No chance of repairing the Sachs?

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Thanks’ for the information. The engine has been a lot of work and I have got nowhere. Originally it lost power and then refused to start, since then the injector has been reconditioned, the fuel pump has been recalibrated, a reconditioned starter motor has been fitted and finally a new piston and rebore and now the oil pump has failed and caused damage to the new piston, so I am cutting my losses putting a new engine on, but of course dimension’s, rotation, revs and power have to be similar. I will look into the Lombardini engine.

vhgmcbuddy

I have looked on the Lombardini site do you know which model would suit. Thanks

vhgmcbuddy

Can anyone tell me where is the best place to buy a Lombardini engine for my MG40, I have been on a couple of web sites but had no response. If someone has replaced an Sachs engine with a different type perhaps they could give me some information on what they replaced it with and what had to be done to make it fit. I would be very grateful for any information.
    Thanks
    Bob

charlie
    Keymaster

Have you contacted Meetens to see if they can supply an engine?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.