Ransome MG5

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Ransome MG5

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi all
    Just bought an MG5 to restore
    Here is a pic of it as found.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Just starting to collect bits, hope to start restoration in a couple of weeks once I have finished my Blackstone ‘No trouble’ engine.

A question about insurance. How do you insure a ransom MG, obviously not road registered but if you drive it around a rally field surely it must need 3rd party insurance?

vhgmcbuddy

Try Cherished Car Insurance 01252 713148 or email enquiries@ccins.co.uk, despite the company title I have all my ride on tractors insured through them…

charlie
    Keymaster

Yes you will need RTA insurance on the rally field, you will not need to register or tax the MG5, insurance will be against machine serial number rather than registration number. A number of insurance companies can provide suitable cover approx £30-£40 a year will also cover for theft as well in most cases. I used the NFU when I had an MG2. If the insurance company tells you it needs to be registered try somewhere else as they obviously do not know what they are talking about.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks. I have my trailers and stationary engines insured with Walker Midgley, I’ll give them a ring and see what they can do.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.