"Progress" 2 wheel tractor with Lister diesel

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines "Progress" 2 wheel tractor with Lister diesel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi all, I’ve just purchased a 2 wheel tractor with a view to putting it back into full working order and using it as designed for what may be the first time in its life judging by the lack of wear on the implements!

However, the only reason I could afford it was that it is broken and someone has already been in about it and lost parts. The clutch is in pieces and sections of the drive are missing. The manufacturers’ name would appear to be “Progress”. I can find nothing at all online relating to this manufacturer however the machine overall appears to be well built and looks like it could be late 70s/80s.

Can I rack your collective brains for any further information on this machine and guidance on sourcing repair parts for the clutch – cam anyone identify a similar setup used on another machine of the era that would give me a heads up on what exactly is missing and how it goes together!

Thank you.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

There are some photos of Progress tractor on this website in the photo galleries
    I believe the Progress tractor was intended for sale in Africa.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Charlie, thanks for that information. Any idea of the company location/timelines? Judging from those pictures there are 3 different machines in the gallery. Anyone with any information on the clutch setup of these?

vhgmcbuddy

Only seen 2 of them beasts over the years

charlie
    Keymaster

I have found a sales leaflet for the Progress tractor in my collection. It describes clutch as 3 plate dry type with lock off lever.

will-haggle
    Participant

There was one at the Lanlivery show in Cornwall in 2013.

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.