Problems viewing entire topic.

Home Forums General Help and information Problems viewing entire topic.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    charlie
    Keymaster

If you have had problems viewing a topic eg you only see replies but cannot see original post, please let me know if it happens every time or only sometimes and if it is all or only some topics. This information will help identify what the problem is.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi charlie, as you have notised i have been using the new site without to much agg.
    I have noticed that the beginning of topics are missing (i dont know how much) then it picks it up. dont know if its me or my computer but its never happened before. i think the new site is great appart from that and i miss the smily face and the signing off thingy. keep the faith its starting to work, well done. chris (the-showman)

charlie
    Keymaster

Chris, does it happen when you are signed in or visiting as a guest ie not signed in? Does it happen on all topics or only some? Which ones? This will help us narrow down what the problem is.

vhgmcbuddy

it seems to be most of the topics, iam away from home untill thursday so will look further.iam logged in but i also notice that if i try to send a message, i get a message on screen that says you have to be a payed up member. hope this helps thanks

jim-beacon
    Participant

I’m experiencing the same problem – the first post of a thread is missing, I believe in all forums.

Jim.

jim-beacon
    Participant

Behaviour is the same with IE7, Firefox 24.0 and Chrome 30.0 running under Windows XP (all current updates installed).

charlie
    Keymaster

Jim, thanks for the extra info regarding different browsers.

jim-beacon
    Participant

This issue seems to be resolved, at least for me. I can see all of the posts in a thread now.

Jim.

vhgmcbuddy

yes, mine seems to be working now. i can see all the topics from the beginning.
    thanks charlie

vhgmcbuddy

Yes working for me too, well done team

charlie
    Keymaster

Yes development team have fixed it, even guests can view full topic now.

vhgmcbuddy

When the old forum is archived in this one will only paid up members as opposed to guests just looking in only be able to view the archive ? Just think it will really limit our scope to attract new members if they can’t see the wealth of useful info that is on the old site ?

vhgmcbuddy

No answers ???

charlie
    Keymaster

No answer as it is something we have not yet decided, currently busy sorting the few remaining issues.

charlie
    Keymaster

Decision made. The archive will be available to all when the old forum is archived on the new site.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.