Perfection roller mower

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Perfection roller mower

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    charlie
    Keymaster

Another recent addition to my collection, very generously donated by our club chairman Geoff. I have now given it a thorough clean ready for this years show season. I will leave it as it is complete with repairs and modifications made by previous owner, all part of its history. Does anyone know if it was made by Qualcast and approximate date?

Attachments:
    clive1997
    Participant

Hello Charlie

Its made by Suffolk Iron Foundries whilst hard to see in your image look above the ‘I’ in PERFECTION & I you will see the SIF logo. Not seen one of these but its virtually the same as the Suffolk ‘Eden’ first produced late 1930’s, I have seen parts list for the Eden 1947 which has exactly the same distinctive handles as yours.The Perfection & the Eden both appear in the 1953 Suffolk catalogue with crossover tubular metal handles.I have 2 Edens both with Pram handle, but they appear to have been produced in 4 versions, straight Handles, Pram, Cross-over & same as yours.
    So your perfection I would assume was just post WW2. You have a nice mower there with good original transfer. Hope that helps.
    Regards
    Clive
    The Budding Foundation/ Museum of Gardening

charlie
    Keymaster

Clive, thanks for the information, I have had a look and yes the SIF logo is there, don’t know why I did not see it before.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.