Oxford Allen Scythe

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Oxford Allen Scythe

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi all, do any members know of a supplier of parts for the villiers 25c two stroke engine and also parts for the Model TS Allen scythe to which this engine is fitted.? thanks

charlie
    Keymaster

What parts are you looking for?

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Charlie,
    thank you for your interest, i am looking mainly for all parts for the villiers model 25c two stroke engine fitted to the TS scythe, plus push pull fuel tap, and throttle cable for same or complete engine either running or for repair.

charlie
    Keymaster

Push pull Ewharts fuel taps are available from various suppliers, try villiersparts.co.uk as they will also have some engine parts eg ignition system as well as fuel system. Throttle cables can be made to measure have a look at mototcycle parts suppliers eg Feked.com where you can buy inner and outer cable along with ferrules and end nipples which will need soldering on.
    For other engine parts try Meetens

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks Charlie, i will give them a try.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi all, new to forum, I recently bought an Allen Scythe, non runner but that was easily remedied. I am curious about the age of it, machine number is 200877 if anyone can help, its F type one I think. I have just bought another one with 4 stroke engine, hopefully I will get it running soon too.
    Thanks for any info

Graham

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Graham welcome to the forum. The Museum of English Rural Life (MERL) at Reading have records for Allen Scythe machines and should be able to give the information you require.
    Your question would have been better as a new topic, avoids two similar but different topics getting mixed up.

vhgmcbuddy

Ok, thanks for the reply, new phone, new forum trying to find my way around.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.