About For sale or Wanted adverts.

Home Forums General Help and information About For sale or Wanted adverts.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  charlie 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

charlie
    Keymaster

To prevent the forum becoming a ‘free ads’service and to give all club members an equal chance of seeing adverts it is policy that all adverts go in the club magazine The Cultivator.
    Any topics or posts that contain for sale or wanted adverts will be removed.

4x4forks
    Participant

Could you post a link to send items to the magazine please

will-haggle
    Participant

Please email ads to me at:-
    cultivator-editor@outlook.com
    Anyone can post sale ads but I can only accept wanted ads from members….

chriscross1966
    Participant

Are we allowed to post a “Free to a good home if you come and collect it” ad? I mean on the site…

charlie
    Keymaster

Please send details to magazine editor, that way all members get to see the advert, not just those using the website.

will-haggle
    Participant

Yes, I believe only about 20% of members are on line but the Cultivator reaches all members….

hitchinsm
    Participant

Hi Charlie, I have just received a very dubious email under VHGMC from some women/person of dubious repute wanting me to contact them please look into this.

pete0250
    Participant

i had one too

trikersaz
    Participant

Good Morning,
    I met a gentleman at Newby Hall at the weekend who suggested that it may be possible for me to offer my Howard 300 Rotavator for sale to your club members.
    I notice that advertisements need to be sent to the magazine editor and wanted to check that it is ok for me to do that.
    Kind regards
    Sanderlene

charlie
    Keymaster

Yes non club members can send for sale adverts, see above for contact details.

will-haggle
    Participant

Advert received and is in place in the next issue, August….

daveblack
    Participant

What would your policy be about third party adverts that you happen to come across on other media sources?? Couple of days ago, saw an advet on Gumtree for a selection of old lawnmowers. Looked interesting to my untutored eye (new to this) – not my advert so can’t redirect it to your magazine & don’t have money/trailer/storage for more than the couple of such mechanical things I already have.

trusty220
    Keymaster

The forum policy is the same for all adverts- that is, all adverts go in The Cultivator.

Only a small proportion of our club members monitor the forum, whereas The Cultivator is posted out to all of our members and any adverts are guaranteed to reach everyone in the club.

Thank you for your interest in the club and I hope your Iseki repair is successful.

charlie
    Keymaster

We do get forum members trying to publicise items on auction sites and these topics are removed or edited in line with policy on adverts. Those that use the website have internet access and can therefore access and search online auction websites without the need for this website to publish details. I have a number of saved searches which I check daily.
    Allowing such publicity would potentially open the flood gates and make the admin task unmanageable.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.