Newark Tractors and Heritage Show

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Newark Tractors and Heritage Show

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    trusty220
    Keymaster

This has become the traditional “end of season” show for most of us. This year it is held on 12th and 13th November and there is always a good showing of horticultural machinery, as well as around 1,000 tractors spread around heated halls to fend off the weather should it turn nasty.

Should you wish to enter a machine in this year’s show there is still time, but entries have to be in by this Friday, 16th September. For entry forms you can go to http://www.newarkvintagetractorshow.com and download an Open Entry form.

Here are a few pictures to whet your appetite if you haven’t been before.

Attachments:
    wingnut
    Participant

HORTICULTURAL THEME THIS YEAR IS HOWARD GARDEN TRACTORS AND IMPLEMENTS
    very poorly advertised like last year.

trusty220
    Keymaster

The only involvement the club has in this show is in putting on the club stand in Crocker Hall 2. The display of horticultural machinery is something that is organised by the Newark Showground staff, so if they choose not to publicise it very much there isn’t a lot we can do.

It’s still a great show to attend and I would like to remind anyone who hasn’t booked in ( and would like to ) that entries close today. There’s still time if you haven’t done it yet!

will-haggle
    Participant

Sorry I can’t go this year….

alan
    Participant

Wingnut, many thanks for finding out and posting here that the horticultural theme this year is Howard Garden Tractors & Implements. I did wonder what it was going to be!

I’ve scoured the internet, looked it up on the Newark site and also checked this years entry forms for more details and sadly cannot find any mention of it.

Any idea of who is in charge of the horticultural theme this year?

charlie
    Keymaster

Will they get the judging right this year and judge the whole of the horticultural display, the themed section and the main section?

trusty220
    Keymaster

They did miss out all of the horticultural section last year, Charlie. The only judging of horticultural machines was confined to the themed section, which is why the prizes were so thinly spread.

charlie
    Keymaster

Why do those involved with running the themed section seem to keep it such a big secret, thanks to wingnut we now know what the theme is. How did you find out wingnut? Also if the horticultural section is judged then it should be all of the section not just the themed section, in fact there is an argument to judge both seperatley.I know there were issues at Tractor World one year due to some horticultural machines that were not in the horticultural section but scattered amongst other club stands not getting judged. This was on the advice of the organisers at that show.

trusty220
    Keymaster

I’d be just as happy if there wasn’t any judging at all- after all, at best it’s one person’s opinion and that doesn’t always agree with everyone else’s. Besides, it tends to attract the “Pot Hunter” type of exhibitor who take one good machine around the shows in the hope that they can clean up with the prizes.

Anyway, the main reason for posting something tonight was to point out that the entries for the show are now officially closed.

I’ll see you there!

andyfrost
    Participant

Geoff , 100% spot on regarding judging , it’s a hobby to me and not a competition , which is why I seldom bother with “static” events , give me a working weekend any day.

Andy.

ted20
    Participant

WHEN AND HOW DO YOU FIND OUT IF YOU BOOKED IN I PUT MY e-mail ON FORM DO THEY SEND CONFIRMATION OR NOT ?

expeatfarmer
    Participant

Part of the attraction of the Tractor World Show at Newbury in October is that there will be an outside arena area where the machines will be able to move around.

wingnut
    Participant

I only knew as last year at the show they said it was howard
    And as I was awere they did judge the two section separate but club members are judged with the main lot wherever they are at the show

trusty220
    Keymaster

That’s what they have done in previous years, and the judges normally come and make themselves known to us on the club stand, but last year I was in Crocker Hall all day on the Saturday and never saw one person judging the main entries. One or two others commented along the same lines as well, so it wasn’t just me!

I wonder if there will be a themed horticultural section this year since we’ve heard nothing about it from anywhere.

dave
    Participant

Forget the judging, lets have a good weekend. I will be there on
    Sunday. See you there.
    Dave.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.