Newark 2017

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dave
    Participant

Just returned from the Newark show. A big well done to all concerned
    for setting out a very interesting display. It was well worth the drive.

trusty220
    Keymaster

Thank you for the kind words, Dave. When you put so much effort into something a little bit of praise makes it all worthwhile.

I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves, but I must mention a few names that made the display not only good but took it to the next level. Paul and Wendy MacKellow stepped in to display their collection of lawn sprinklers on the club stand alongside Ivan Clark’s unusual hand machines and Sandra Clark’s unique collection of childrens’ gardening tools. John Eyres, who was the steward for the hall, brought along most of his collection of Barford Atom-related machines which included some extremely rare pre-Barford machines made by Mechanical Horticultural Implements Ltd.

A “Very Well Done” to Trevor Fowler who won the VHGMC silver salver for this year with his Barford Atom- he was certainly very surprised and pleased at the same time! The usual exhibitors were there as well, such as Brian Carter with his ultra-rare Atco Tractor and Dave Foster made the journey down-country for the second year running with his Anzani Motor-Hoe.

You can tell from the pictures that there were many more than this, and I apologise if I haven’t mentioned your name, but everyone there made a huge contribution to this successful show.

Thank you all and I hope you will make the effort next year.

Attachments:
    trusty220
    Keymaster

Oh- I nearly forgot. This is for Charlie, just in case he was feeling left out.

Attachments:
    expeatfarmer
    Participant

Nice early MG2 I wonder how many flat tops survive?

vhgmcbuddy

Photos and words just sent to Alan for the Cultivator.

greenfrog
    Participant

Impressive and enjoyable display this year

charlie
    Keymaster

Well done to all involved, an impressive display. Pre Barford machines would make a good item for The Cultivator.
    Geoff, I see what looks like a stage 1 V8 Land Rover, a forward control, a 101 and a Belgian army Minerva in the line up, thanks.

trusty220
    Keymaster

You’ll have to come over next year. Also in the military line-up there was an Austin K5 (which was a rival for the AEC Matador) which is the only one I’ve ever seen in the flesh- a rare beast indeed!

bigvic
    Participant

Unfortunatly i was unable to make the 2017 Newark show due to I’ll health but as you all do every year you do the club and it’s members proud well done to all involved.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.