New toy from 1929!

• This topic has 13 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jtg1.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    hortiman
    Participant

I thought I would post a few photos of this 1929 Auto culto I collected from a smallholding near here yesterday. It had been in the same family since new but has been in a damp shed covered in old coats for the last 30-40 years. I am not sure if it is fitted with a reversible plough marketed by Auto Culto or was it an aftermarket accessory?

hortiman
    Participant

I hope this works!

Attachments:
    mickattwo
    Participant

Looks good for 90+ years

jtg1
    Participant

very nice, am jelous. different wheels and a turn over plough, neither of which i;ve seen before and different to the two i have.

charlie
    Keymaster

90+ years??? I make it 85 years

stevewoollas
    Participant

Brilliant Chris. What a great find.

andyfrost
    Participant

Very nice , both my Model As have different wheels , so with yours that’s three different wheels.
    From info I’ve gathered , the only plough available was a converted Wright hand plough , difficult to be sure , but I would say that is a continental plough.
    If you need any spares , I also have an incomplete machine , as well as new pistons and engine spares.

Andy.

trustymasseyman
    Participant

Nice find Chris and right there on your doorstep, well done

pete0250
    Participant

very nice

hortiman
    Participant

A few more pics of the old Auto Culto

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

A great find and a lot of TLC needed.

hortiman
    Participant

I will need to start a shopping list! Starting with wooden handles and a flywheel cover, I think I have most of the other bits needed, but time and skinned knuckles will tell!
    Chris

will-haggle
    Participant

Looking good, Chris, you’ll have to put it in Jims register, I reckon it could be the oldest one….

jtg1
    Participant

the plough is original as far as i can acertain, i have a single version on my model A, and just reviewing some photos, it appears identical, or very similar to the one with the model E, that is in the museum at bicton agricultural college

Attachments:
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.