new toy for christmas!!!!

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines new toy for christmas!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    jtg1
    Participant

picking up tomorrow

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Ah well that will be you full up for room then John, you’ll just have to flog me that Multigardner you have !!! (big grin)

Looks like a good find mate, well done

charlie
    Keymaster

Is it a model 5? Looks like makers plate is on front cover so should say. Nice to find one restored.

jtg1
    Participant

presume it’s a 5, but haven’t seen it yet. was restored and running when it was put in shed 15 years ago. thankfully i’m sill at mr wallingfields b&b, and it’s only 25 miles away.

jtg1
    Participant

sadly paul theres always room for just one more simar! think thats 10 now! had multi gardener running, but photos are on the dead lap top. have recovered the hard drive, and awaiting brother recovering the important stuff!

andyfrost
    Participant

Well done John , that is in remarkable condition , I was the other mug bidding for it……should have gone a tad more. The seller seems a really nice chap , I had a conversation with him on the phone during the week.

Best Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

Be interested to see your Multigardner pics if you can save them John (thumbs up)

jtg1
    Participant

hi andy, glad you didn’t!! sorry to disapoint, been the first one i’ve seen with all the tin work.

jtg1
    Participant

paul, will probably be quicker to take some more when i manage to escape from the clutches of mr wallingfield.

hortiman
    Participant

Hello John.
    That looks like a useful find. The ‘nosecone’ looks different to mine which is a 1928 model 5 in original condition and just as it came out of work 30plus years ago. It would be interesting to see a close up shot later.
    Chris

jtg1
    Participant

i think your right, but wasn’t certain, won’t know for certain till i pick it up tommorrow. thought it was a much cheaper option than re fabricating the tin work for the other 3 i have!

jtg1
    Participant

got it loaded in the van. identification plate is a george momro one bearing model no, A5D, and number 0323.this as usual dosent relate to the simar records though. The nose cone has had an exstensive rework, as id plate has been re riveted and its been rebuilt with gutter bolts. The paper work with it suggests its been built up from 3 machines with additional parts from “Mechanised Gardening”, around 1987. anyone know what happened to mechanised gardening after ’87?

will-haggle
    Participant

What a cracker, John, any more barn finds in the depths of Somerset? 😀

jtg1
    Participant

not yet, but pelnty of time yet !!!. not finished mr wallingfields new brewery building yet.

hortiman
    Participant

Hello John.
    I believe ‘ mechanised gardening’ folded in the 90s. I also understand that the Monro spares were saved by some VHGMC members and stored in an unsuitable building which led to them becoming badly damaged by weather etc and rendered unusable. I may have got the wrong end of the stick here, but I think Charlie knows a lot more than I do.
    Chris

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.