New Mystery Object for Christmas

Home Forums General Help and information New Mystery Object for Christmas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    trusty220
    Keymaster

In the best tradition of Robert Robinson on “Ask The Family”, here is an everyday object taken from an unusual angle. Of course it leans heavily towards “our” machinery, but I think it is sufficiently obscure to prove a challenge.
    It’s up to you to prove me wrong!

Attachments:
    alan
    Participant

Well it’s green so that narrows it down a bit. Could it be Elf green and thus a part that fell off Santa’s sleigh when it passed over Redditch last year perhaps?

oddhatuk
    Participant

I suspect that it is part of Santa’s trusty sleigh.

alan
    Participant

Oddhatuk – that is a truly brilliant answer and you deserve a prize for that!

Trusty220 – You are not going to get a better Christmas answer than oddhatuks suggestion of ‘Part of Santa’s Trusty Sleigh’.

trusty220
    Keymaster

I was thinking along the same lines, Alan, and I’ve spent the weekend rummaging through my collection of bits and pieces to try to find something that looks more the part.

You’re a genius, Oddhatuk. Whilst supplying a totally incorrect answer you’ve also given us one of the best answers of the year!

Unless, of course, you know different………

trusty220
    Keymaster

I think that I may have been a little optimistic with my original photo. Apart from a very witty response, it seems to have stumped you all. Here’s another picture to liven it up a bit. Hopefully somebody may recognise it!

Attachments:
    joegrgraham
    Participant

I think I’ve got it…………..

In this age of ‘Elf and Safety (boom boom),

It is a bracket that goes on the rear of the sleigh, the orange flashing light goes on top and the aperture visible in the latest pic is for the reversing camera lens, with the wire clip holding the cable so it doesn’t get tangled in the tinsel.

The reversing camera is necessary, as although there are several mirrors attached to Rudolfs antlers, objects appear closer in the mirror, and following last years unfortunate compensation claim, when the bell on the Elf union reps’ shoe was squashed, it was deemed to be required, as was a Green (and red) cross code refresher training course for all employees working airside……..

trusty220
    Keymaster

That’s almost it apart from any mention of the Fenland Ladies’ Guild, Fenland Dawn or even Snow White! But I think we’d better leave that one well alone seeing as he’s been quiet for quite some time.

Mind you, I haven’t heard him called an Elf before even though he’s been called quite a few choice words- this is one that I’m going to have to add to my list. Maybe it stands for, “Elderly Lincolnshire Flyer”, although his wings have been clipped a bit lately since his beard caught fire after standing too close to the Vulcan when it was running up last year. We told him not to stand too close, but he was adamant that he had to get that authentic “rustic” finish on his marsh mallows. Apart from all the plastic on his glasses melting in the heat he was lucky to get away with just a singed beard, but I understand the team at Doncaster have banned him from any future engine runs.

Good job really- we’d have a job to find someone to run the club shop if anything happened to him!

stevewoollas
    Participant

Don’t you worry about Fenland Dawn, Eve, Gail or any of the Chairmans other favourite members of the Fenland Ladies Guild. They are all well and hibernating until spring although very disappointed none of them received a return Christmas card from Chair, but then again, did you? No, he seems very mean on the Christmas front.
    It’s good in his post above he is doing what he’s good at, ie promoting the VHGMC, this time in the form of the Club Shop. These concentrated efforts in promoting all things VHGMC is a major factor in why he is such a good Chair……..which reminds me the AGM is only two months away so I am sure you will all join me in the annual battle cry of “Geoff for Chairman” and “Vote for Geoff” at the AGM in March. The campaign commences!!
    Its a shame no one can recognise the Trusty patent part he has placed a picture of at the head of this post. Yes, he has taken delivery of a whole host of cast replacement parts for Trustys from the far east, however the quality is so poor no one can recognise which part is which so it is not surprising no one has identified this correctly. I guess he could be the “Del Boy” of garden tractor spares

trusty220
    Keymaster

It looks like Shopkeeper has appointed himself my campaign manager. Well, he’s never failed up to now so it looks like I’m going to have to go with the flow.

It did seem a little on the quiet side over Christmas and the fact that the Fenland Ladies’ Guild has suspended their activities temporarily may go some way to explaining it. In contrast Shopkeeper has been hiding his light lately because he has been extremely busy over the Christmas holiday.

Last November somebody in his village noticed that he had an extending ladder hanging on the wall in his garage and put his name forward as lead climber in the Fenland Mountain Rescue Service. Never one to let people down, Shopkeeper rose to the challenge and has managed to rescue three cats, one budgerigar and chased two squirrels from one end of the village to the other. The fact that he was missed off the New Year’s Honour List was purely an oversight, and I’m told that he has been put on top of the list for next year.

Never mind, Steve; if you get missed off again I’ll nominate you as club Chairman for next year!

stevewoollas
    Participant

Although it is a little difficult to gauge the size from an item from a photograph this item appears very similar to something I have just seen in the depths of the shed which is the mounting bracket for a Trusty belt pulley wheel.
    “Vote Geoff for Chair”`

trusty220
    Keymaster

I’ve just been handed a newspaper cutting from “The Lincolnshire Smallholder”, describing something that occurred on Christmas Eve last. Apparently somebody (who shall remain nameless) was arrested whilst carrying a ladder at 11.45pm; if this alone didn’t look suspicious, the culprit tried to pass himself off as Santa Claus. He nearly got away with it as well- the only thing that gave him away was the foul language that he uttered when the local constable tried to divest him of his false beard upon arrival at the local nick.

It turned out not to be a false beard after all, and if he had kept his mouth shut he may have got away with it. I suppose the lack of sleigh and reindeer may have been an issue but a clever person could have used their absence as an explanation for the ladder.

I should think this is the reason that he’s been quiet for the last few weeks; the local nick doesn’t have WiFi in the cells, so he’s been a little limited until they released him on bail.

His case comes up at Easter, so if any of you want anything from the club shop I would recommend that you put your order in before then.

trusty220
    Keymaster

Oh- I almost forgot- you are right in your identification of a Trusty belt pulley support bracket. Here’s a picture of the complete item for you to compare.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

There have been reports that the window cleaner at Raven Hall has lost his ladder, could this be connected with the santa impersonator?

trusty220
    Keymaster

More reports have now come to light- I think someone may be trying to keep it quiet- but the party that was arrested with the ladder claimed that it wasn’t his because he was afraid of heights.

Of course this could have nothing to do with the Lincolnshire window cleaner who struggles to do upstairs windows because he has to keep at least one foot on the ground for safety.

Maybe the person arrested was just looking after the ladder for someone? We’ll have to wait for the court case!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.