My Rototiller 56 a bit more history

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines My Rototiller 56 a bit more history

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    charlie
    Keymaster

Today I met up with the gentleman I purchased my Rototiller 56 from way back in 2002. Shortly before Christmas he phoned me to say he had found something I should have; the original receipt for the Rototiller when his father bought it in 1954. The machine was originally sold in 1948.

Attachments:
    wristpin
    Participant

What a wonderful bit of provenance to go with the machine. I can just about remember when receipts had to have a stamp on but can’t remember when that requirement ceased.

roatavator
    Participant

That’s a great piece of history Charlie. And in those days that was a lot of money!
    I don’t have the receipt for mine, even though it was almost always in the family so to speak. However I do have my fathers receipt for the purchase new of a Morris Oxford in 1966 complete with stamp.

sidevalve44
    Participant

Are you bringing it to Lotmead again this year ?

A really impressive tool !

will-haggle
    Participant

Picture of Charlie with the donor of the receipt…

Attachments:
    trusty220
    Keymaster

This is exactly the kind of paperwork that goes in the skip, so it’s quite a rare thing to see these days. These old letterheadings are a collector’s piece in their own right.

You look a little surprised on the photo, Charlie. Are you worried that someone may put a witty caption to it, or has someone just shouted over that it’s your round at the bar???

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.